DOWNTOWN SARASOTA, Florida – Sage Restaurant is now offering its elegant, crafted cocktails by the bottle, as part of its holiday curbside takeout service. Cocktail connoisseurs can choose from six exquisite handcrafted beverages including elevated takes on classics like the Negroni and the Cosmopolitan, in bottles containing at least three servings, for $23 each.
“The flavors in these cocktails are meant to capture the distinct spirit of the holiday season in southwest Florida,” says David Tlaiye, beverage director at Sage. “The brightness of citrus and hibiscus, balanced with more traditional holiday flavors like saffron and cinnamon make our beverages both intricate and accessible.”
For a strikingly elegant presentation, Tlaiye and his team are using a clarification process that results in juices that are as clear as water, silky smooth and vividly flavorful. The combination of enzymes and a high-powered centrifuge removes the solid particles from juices like freshly squeezed lime and pineapple without affecting the flavor, producing transparent cocktails with astonishing depth.
The six Sage cocktails being offered to-go are:
• The Clarita: a light and refreshing margarita that is also completely clear.
• The Old Spaniard: Sage’s signature old fashioned with saffron and cinnamon flavors.
• The Pineapple Coconut Daiquiri: featuring RumHaven, a rum made with coconut water.
• The Clear Bird: a truly elevated rum tiki cocktail with a clear, hay hue.
• The Negroni: slightly lighter than the classic gin libation, Sage’s version is the perfect sip at home or on the beach.
• The Metropolitan: a Cosmopolitan made with hibiscus tea instead of cranberry juice.
Call ahead (941-445-5660) to order your bottles separately or as part of a full Sage holiday meal at home.
The citrus cocktails have a shelf life of 7-10 days; the Negroni and Old Spaniard last between two weeks and a month, making them ideal gifts. The beverages come with garnishes and are intended to be enjoyed over ice, elevating and enhancing Christmas dinner and bringing a sense of modern chic to New Year’s Eve celebrations.
“We love hosting patrons in our bar spaces, but for this year’s holidays especially, it’s important that people be able to enjoy the flavors of Sage wherever they feel safest and most comfortable,” says Tlaiye. “We love the idea of being a part of people’s home holiday traditions.”