Tampa Bay/Hudson, FL – (November 17, 2020) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point announces that on October 31, 2020, Dr. Katie Groff became the first graduate of the hospital’s Cardiology Fellowship Program. Dr. Groff began the program on November 1, 2017, after being the first resident to start with the hospital’s graduate medical education (GME) Internal Medicine Residency Program. Dr. Groff is continuing her GME training in the Interventional Cardiology Fellowship Program, which she is scheduled to complete on October 31, 2021.
The Cardiology Fellowship program is a three-year program and is in Continued Accreditation status from the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). The program director is Dr. Rami Akel, an Interventional Cardiologist who began the program in 2017. Cardiology Fellowship is one of the 11 programs that we offer here at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point for a total number of 119 residents and fellows that occupy these programs.
We congratulate Dr. Katie Groff on her outstanding accomplishments. We also thank all of our caregivers and attending physicians who have contributed to supporting our GME programs and our future physicians’ education and training.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL. We have more than 300 physicians, 1,264 employees and 400 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Statutory Teaching Hospital
- Adult Cardiac Surgery & Level 2 Cardiovascular Services
- Accredited Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons
- Leapfrog “A” Patient Safety Award
- Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety Award for four years in a Row (2017- 2021) by Healthgrades
- Recognized by Healthgrades as one of the Top 100 Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery, Spine Surgery and Prostate Surgeries in 2021.
- Joint Commission Accreditation
- Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
- Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 17 years in a row (2005-2021)
- Five Star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement for 2 Years in a Row (2020-2021)
- Five Star Recipient for Total Hip Replacement 2020
- Five Star Recipient for Spinal Fusion Surgery for 2 years in a row (2019-2020).
- Recipient of Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award™ for 4 years in a Row (2017-2020)
- American College of Radiology accredited – MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine
- Accredited Teaching Facility by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education