Land and Commercial Real Estate Sales and Leases Included 27,276 ± Acres and 256,825 ± Square Feet Across 19 Counties in Florida and Georgia
LAKELAND, FL, October 15, 2020 — SVN | Saunders Ralston Dantzler Real Estate brokered a total of $99,268,974 in sales and leases of land and commercial property in Q3 2020, bringing the brokerage’s total transactions since 1996 to more than $3 billion.
The transactions in Q3 2020 included properties in Bradford, Citrus, DeSoto, Franklin, Gilchrist, Hernando, Highlands, Jefferson, Lake, Levy, Manatee, Okeechobee, Pasco, Polk, Sarasota and Volusia counties in Florida, and Doughtery, Early and Thomas counties in Georgia. The brokerage sold and leased a total of 27,276 ± acres and 256,825 ± square feet. In the same quarter last year, the brokerage reported $44,494,339 in sales and leases for a year-over-year increase of 123%. Of the 50 transactions in Q3 2020, 17 were over $1 million each, and the largest transaction was the sale of The Bluffs of St. Teresa for $43 million.
Q3 2020 TRANSACTIONS OF $1 MILLION OR MORE
• The Bluffs of St. Teresa ($43,000,000) Dean Saunders, ALC, CCIM listed and sold this 17,080-acre tract in North Florida situated on the Gulf of Mexico. He worked closely with The Nature Conservancy to negotiate the sale to the state, and the environmental organization donated $2.25 million toward the conservation purchase. Additionally, the United States Department of Defense contributed $2.19 million. Saunders also recently brokered several conservation easements totaling $8,344,431.
• Century Blvd. Industrial Park ($7,050,000) Listed and sold by Augie Schmidt, the Century Boulevard Industrial Park is approximately 124,500 square feet of fully-leased, well-maintained steel warehousing space with 38 tenants providing income to the buyer.
• Hall’s Tiger Bay Ranch ($5,753,157) Dean Saunders, ALC, CCIM, sold a conservation easement for about 3,465 acres of this property in DeSoto County. The property is a mosaic of pine flatwoods and dry and wet prairie. Hall’s Tiger Bay Ranch is adjacent to the 29,000-acre Bright Hour Ranch conservation easement.
• Sarasota County Residential Land ($4,326,400) This 73-acre parcel for high-end development is located near I-75 and features convenient access to downtown Venice. Stephen Toner, MBA, listed and sold this property in conjunction with a contiguous 6.8 acres. The deal’s complexities included an assemblage of the two properties, a power line easement on-site, water flow rights issues, wetlands, a bathymetric survey to demonstrate no need for fill dirt and annexation of the properties into the city of Venice. DR Horton purchased the land for the development of a lakefront residential community with parks and water features.
• Jefferson 1120 ($2,700,000) This 1,120-acre recreational and timberland property in Jefferson County, Florida, was sold by Bryant Peace.
• Mission Farms ($2,417,975) Jeff Cusson, CCIM sold this property consisting of 689.9 ± acres of agricultural land in Okeechobee County.
• Airport Commerce Park South Building ($2,283,840) Gary Ralston, CCIM, SIOR, and David Hungerford, CCIM, listed this 19,032 ± square feet industrial property in Polk County on Drane Field Road near its intersection with Airport Road. The property provides easy access to Lakeland Linder International Airport, and the Publix corporate headquarters are across the street. Interstate 4 and the Polk Parkway (SR 570) are also close. This prime area features the Amazon fulfillment center on County Line Road and the Amazon air cargo facility under construction at the airport.
• S.Y. Hartt Ranch Conservation Easement ($1,474,274) Dean Saunders, ALC, CCIM secured a conservation easement on 748 acres of the S.Y. Hartt Ranch under RFLPP. Partnering with the Avon Park Bombing Range, RFLPP purchased the conservation easement. This sale is the fifth conservation easement Saunders has brokered for the Hartt family in the last ten years.
• 180 S SR 415, Osteen, Florida 32764 ($1,400,000) One of several Dollar General store sales in Q3, 2020, this property in Volusia County includes a net leased, 9,146 ± square feet store on 2.28-acres and an additional 1.75-acre vacant commercial outparcel. This property was listed and sold by Gary Ralston, CCIM, SIOR, David Hungerford, CCIM, and Augie Schmidt.
• Mascotte DG ($1,400,000) This property is 9,146 ± square feet Dollar General and an accompanying 4,300 ± square feet vacant pad on a total of 2.87 ± acres on East Myers Blvd. (SR 50) in Mascotte, Florida. The property is highly visible from SR 50, and major retailers surround it, such as Family Dollar, Advance Auto Parts, Tractor Supply Co. and Publix. Gary Ralston, CCIM, SIOR, David Hungerford, CCIM, and Augie Schmidt listed this property.
• US 27 at Citrus Ridge ($1,400,000) This commercial land in Davenport consists of 1.8 ± acres and 9,146 ± square feet. Gary Ralston, CCIM, SIOR, David Hungerford, CCIM, and Augie Schmidt listed the property, and Circle-K purchased the land for a new convenience store.
• 2215 W Memorial Blvd ($1,310,000) This 2.8 ± acres property in Polk County was listed and sold by Gary Ralston, CCIM, SIOR, David Hungerford, CCIM, and Augie Schmidt. Circle-K purchased the land for a new convenience store.
• Hernando County House and Acreage ($1,300,000) Surrounded by hardwoods, this remote location provides hunting and recreational activities in a secluded retreat. Eric Hoyer, CF, CA, RCA, and John Holzaepfel, AFC, CF, CA listed this 84.8-acre property.
• Myakka River Retreat ($1,272,000) Dusty Calderon listed and sold this property for conservation. Myakka River retreat is a 363-acre unique, river property in Manatee County with its own intricate internal and external challenges. Though intermittently listed for about ten years with no sale, the brokerage received immediate offers on the property after marketing. After extensive work by experts on both sides of the deal, a conservation group purchased the property, preserving Myakka River Retreat for future generations.
• SR 52 San Antonio ($1,150,000) The residential development property in Pasco County is comprised of 40 ± acres, and was sold by James Hancock.
• AVT Ranch Conservation Easement ($1,107,000) This sale was for 713 ± acres in Polk County in the Green Swamp Area of Critical State Concern (ACSC). Dean Saunders, ALC, CCIM, negotiated a conservation easement on the property. The ACSC program was created by the Florida Environmental Land and Water Management Act of 1972 to protect environmental resources of major statewide significance from uncontrolled development. The Green Swamp was one of the first areas Florida designated as an ACSC. Of the Green Swamp’s 560,000 acres, more than 300,000 fall within the ACSC due to its quality and quantity of water resources. The easement was purchased under the state’s Florida Forever conservation program.
• Smokehouse Ranch 765 ($1,100,000) Located in Early County, Georgia, this timber and agricultural land is 765 ± acres. Its area genetics and surrounding agriculture make it an elite destination for growing quality whitetails. Bryant Peace listed this property.
ABOUT SVN | SAUNDERS RALSTON DANTZLER REAL ESTATE
SVN | Saunders Ralston Dantzler Real Estate is a full-service land and commercial real estate brokerage with over $3 billion in transactions representing buyers, sellers, investors, institutions, and landowners since 1996. We are recognized nationally as an authority on all types of land, including agriculture, ranch, recreation, residential development, and international properties. Our commercial real estate services include marketing, property management, leasing and tenant representation, valuation, business brokerage, and advisory and counseling services for office, retail, industrial, and multi-family properties. Our firm also features an auction company, forestry division, international partnerships, hunting lease management, and extensive expertise in conservation easements. Located at the center of Florida’s I-4 corridor, we provide proven leadership and collaborative expertise backed by the strength of the SVN® global platform. Learn more at SVNsaunders.com.