Florida Blue offering $0 drive-up flu shots Wednesday in Westshore
$10 Walgreens gift card to everyone receiving flu vaccines at the Westshore Florida Blue Center while supplies last
For the fourth year, Florida Blue and Walgreens are teaming up to provide flu shots and other vaccinations to the public. The no-cost flu vaccines are available 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. to anyone age 18 or older, even if they have health insurance through another carrier or do not have health insurance coverage at all. Everyone getting a flu shot at the Florida Blue Center will receive a $10 Walgreens gift card, while supplies last.
This year’s clinic will be a drive-up event so participants can get their flu shot in a safe setting. Masks are required and participants will wait in their car until it’s their turn, and then stand up at their car to receive the vaccine. Participants are encouraged to schedule an appointment and fill out vaccination forms ahead of time for faster service. Forms also will be available at the event, and walk-ups are welcome.
Getting a flu shot is the best way to protect yourself and your loved ones from the flu. The vaccine prevents the flu or reduces the severity of symptoms. It also can help keep people from being hospitalized so our health system is not overwhelmed with both flu and COVID-19 patients.
It’s important that everyone who is able to receive a flu vaccine, especially those considered high risk, such as adults 65 years or older, pregnant women, those living in long-term care facilities, young children, children with neurological conditions or persons with asthma, chronic lung disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS, liver disorders, cancer or chronic kidney disease.
Florida Blue encourages you to get a flu shot to protect yourself and those around you!
WHAT: $0 Drive-Up Flu Shot Clinic
WHEN: Wednesday, October 7, 2020
TIME: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
WHERE: Florida Blue Center, 201 N. Westshore Blvd., Tampa, FL
• Flu shots are available for persons age 18 and older.
• People with health insurance should bring their insurance cards with them, even from another carrier. Walgreens will cover flu vaccines for persons who do not have health insurance coverage.
• Masks are required. If a participant does not have a mask, they will be provided with one.
• Appointments are not necessary, but you can schedule one at https://wagsoutreach.com/ss/FLO644549 for faster service.
• In addition to flu shots, vaccines also will be available for pneumonia, shingles, Tdap, Hepatitis A and B, and MMR (measles, mumps and rubella). These additional vaccinations are covered at no cost by most health insurance plans or can be purchased by those without insurance.
• Florida Blue will offer additional drive-up flu shot clinics this fall. Click here for the full Florida Blue flu shot clinic schedule this fall.
MEDIA CONTACT: Media contact is Christie Hyde DeNave, 321-247-2466 mobile
VISUALS: Media are welcome to shoot photos and b-roll and interview staff. Due to HIPAA privacy rules, please do not photograph or film tablet screens, and please ask for customers’ permission before photographing or filming them receiving a flu shot or other medical procedure. Due to COVID-19, please follow CDC guidelines by wearing a mask and remaining 6 feet from others at all times.