HUDSON, Fla. (Sept. 25, 2020) – Hudson residents will soon get a first look at the newly remodeled Walmart Supercenter at 12610 US Highway 19, as the much-anticipated project is now complete. The remodel includes several department transformations that will help customers save time. The upgrades will also complement the measures the company has taken in its U.S. stores to help protect associates and customers from the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
“Customers will find our store has never been easier to shop,” said Aaron Powell, store manager for the Hudson Walmart Supercenter. “Not only is there a new look and feel to the store but also more room to shop and an expanded assortment of merchandise throughout the entire store. This transformation was focused on convenience and ease, making the shopping experience clean, fast and friendly.”
Customers will enjoy the following store improvements:
· Reinvention of apparel department with new fitting rooms and new jewelry counter as well as new flooring and fixtures
· Addition of 1,000 merchandise SKUs throughout the store
· Overall modernized home and grocery layouts with a focus on wider shopping aisles and additional space for new items
· New deli offerings featuring pre-sliced meats and cheeses as well as a larger assortment of hot case “grab-and-go” items
· Expanded selection of beer and wine with triple the number of items for increased customer choice
· New signage, fixtures, LED lighting and flooring throughout the entire store for better line of sight and easier navigation
· Refreshed interior and exterior, including painting and signage
· Modern, remodeled bathrooms and upgraded entrances to the front of the store
Walmart will continue to innovate to help customers save time and money by creating a seamless shopping experience that gives them the options to shop when, where and how they want, including offerings like:
· Pickup – Busy customers love Walmart’s pickup option. It gives them the convenience of shopping online and the ease of quickly picking up groceries without having to leave their cars. The best part: it’s all at no additional cost. Customers shopping using SNAP also have the option to use pickup services in most states.
· Delivery – Walmart’s convenient delivery service is also proving to be a hit with customers. Even more, Walmart has now made both pickup and delivery contact free.
· Express delivery – customers now have the option to have their deliveries made in under two hours.
· Walmart Pay – a touch-free way to pay.
Meeting the Challenges of COVID-19
As an essential business, and a member of the Hudson community, we understand the role we play in providing our customers with food, medicine and other essential items during this unique time.
Along with the upgrades to the store, we will continue to help protect our associates and customers from the impact of COVID-19 through the extensive measures we put in place earlier this year at this store, and those around the country, including:
· Enacting deep-cleaning and sanitizing protocols with guidance from the CDC, which includes a thorough cleaning of key areas of the store (Front entrance, carts, registers and bathrooms etc.).
· Conducting health screenings and temperature checks on our associates prior to them beginning their shifts.
· Requiring all associates to wear Walmart-issued or otherwise approved masks at all times.
· Limiting the number of customers who can be in a store at the same time.
· Adding sneeze guards to our checkout lanes and pharmacy areas.
· Installing floor decals at the entrances and in checkout lanes to support social distancing.
· Adjusted operating hours (7 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.) to help associates restock shelves while continuing to clean and sanitize the store.
· Enacting an emergency leave policy for associates who are unable or uncomfortable coming to work.
· Continuing to stress our requirement that those customers who can wear protective facial coverings while inside the building do so.
· If you are age 60 and up, self-quarantining, high-risk, or have tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19), many stores are offering Pharmacy pickup & delivery services to help you get the medication you need. (Note: Not all options may be available at all stores.)
o Drive-Thru: More than 1300 Walmart stores have pharmacy drive-thru service across the country.
o No-Contact Curbside Pickup: We can bring your prescription right out to your car using a no-contact method.
o Mail Delivery: If you can’t make it to a local store, we’ll deliver medication to your door.
More details can be found at: https://corporate.walmart.com/here-for-you