ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. – (Sept. 23, 2020) – Tampa Bay Innovation Center (TBIC), a business incubator and coworking entrepreneurial center, will hold an Innovation Showcase for its second Accelerator cohort. The virtual event will be held on September 30, 2020 from 2 to 4 pm EST.
The Pinellas County-based accelerator program is mentor-driven and founder-focused. “One of the most important elements of the program is getting the founders to live outside their comfort zone. The research and the user interviews that were part of the product discovery process dramatically increased each of these ventures chances of creating a sustainable product – market fit” says Ken Evans, managing director.
Panelists for the event include: Joy Randels, founder & CEO, New Market Partners; Mark Swanson, managing director, Lane Five Ventures; and Travis Milks, managing partner, Topmark Partners.
The seven B2B Accelerator graduates presenting at the Showcase include:
- Ceres Engineering (St. Petersburg, Fla) – an advanced analytics and decision support solution for the trucking & supply chain industry
- elitRecruiter (Odessa, Fla) – HRtech to assist recruiters with the sourcing and vetting of technical talent
- LeaseHoney (St. Petersburg, Fla.) – an Agtech marketplace connecting beekeepers with landowners and real estate investors
- Mango Signs (St. Petersburg, Fla.) – digital signage as a service platform that helps event venues and merchants connect with customers
- Paragon Cyber Solutions (Tampa, Fla.) – a veteran-owned, cyber security and compliance solution
- Real Random (Tampa, Fla.) – a quantum-resistant, next generation, multi-factor security solution for enterprise user and data security
- Smart Edge Tech – (Tampa, Fla.) – supply chain management solution for small to medium size retailers
To register for the event visit: http://bit.ly/tbic_showcase20.
The Accelerator was seeded by a grant from the City of St. Petersburg to establish an accelerator program. Early program supporters and community partners include Florida Blue, Pinellas County, the St. Petersburg Downtown Partnership, PitchLyst and Seedfunders. The first cohort consisted of seven early stage founders. They graduated with a Showcase demo at the Birchwood on January 14, 2020 followed by a Pitch Event at Synapse on February 11, 2020.
About Tampa Bay Innovation Center:
Tampa Bay Innovation Center supports entrepreneurial success, fosters the creation of high-tech jobs and develops new sources of technology and manufacturing capabilities by nurturing early stage ventures as they grow and launch their products into the marketplace. The Innovation Center offers programs that are tailored to the innovator/entrepreneur and address business intelligence, planning and business formation, strategy execution and technology transition.
Follow Tampa Bay Innovation Center on Twitter, www.twitter.com/tbinnovates, and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/tbinnovationcenter.