Eleni Kouvatsos of First Watch Restaurants, Inc. named board president
SARASOTA, FL – August 24, 2020 – The Central West Coast Chapter of the Florida Public Relations Association (CWC-FPRA) installed its 2020-2021 board of directors and recognized outstanding members during the Chapter Awards & Board Installation at the Sarasota Yacht Club. The event, which continued the honored tradition of the passing of the gavel by former presidents of CWC-FPRA, was a celebration of the past year of successes and opportunities for the coming year.
The following members were honored during the program:
Sarah Glendening was named Member of the Year; Elise Ramer, APR earned the Ginya Carnahan Promoting the Profession Award; Erin Hoffer, APR, CPRC earned the Thomas Nunan Rising Star Award; and Joe Grano earned the Ginnie Duffey Troyer Award of Professionalism.
Also recognized: The following board members were honored during the program for going above and beyond their board duties throughout the year: Daniel Hodous earned the KARMA Award for Behind the Scenes, Melanie Reda, APR earned the KARMA Award for Event Innovation and Excellence and Sheryl Vieira earned the KARMA Award for Epitomizing the definition of KARMA for Going Above & Beyond Community Service, Giving and Ongoing Community Support.
The board was installed by the past president, Jennifer Wilson, APR, CPRC. Each member will serve a one-year term. Outgoing local board president Kim Livengood, APR, CPRC, facilitated the event and welcomed Eleni Kouvatsos as the new president. President-elect is Melanie Reda, APR.
“It’s been an honor and privilege serving as the CWC-FPRA President,” said Kim Livengood, APR, CPRC. “I know the passion and enthusiasm Eleni Kouvatsos brings to the board will keep the momentum going. We strive to add value to our members and she is the right person to be at the helm.”
CWC-FPRA 2020-2021 Board of Directors:
- President: Eleni Kouvatsos, First Watch Restaurants, Inc.
- President-Elect: Melanie Reda, APR, KSC, Inc.
- Immediate Past President: Kim Livengood, APR, CPRC, The Eclipse Agency
- Finance: Crystal Rothaar, Senior Friendship Center
- Sponsorship: Amanda Heisey, The Players Centre for Performing Arts
- Membership: Sarah Glendening, The Glasser/Schoenbaum Human Services Center
- Media Relations/Editorial: Heather McLain, AtLarge
- Digital Communications: Kendra Gemma, klg communications
- Creative: Brian Craft, The Bainbridge Companies
- Image: Sharon Kunkel, APR, Wordslinger Marketing & PR; Laitin Schwerin, APR, On Ideas
- Accreditation: Erin Hoffer, APR, CPRC, KSC, Inc.
- Events: Andrea Knies, APR, Arts and Cultural Alliance of Sarasota County; Stephanie Kettle, Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium
- At-Large (non-voting): Elise Ramer, APR, Premier Sotheby’s International Realty; Joe Curley, APR, CPRC, Universal Studios Parks & Resorts
The Central West Coast Chapter of the Florida Public Relations Association meets monthly for professional development luncheons and networking. Visit www.cwcfpra.com for more information.
- CWC-FPRA members Daniel Hodous (KARMA for Behind the Scenes)
- Melanie Reda, APR (KARMA for Event Innovation and Excellence)
- and Sheryl Vieira (KARMA for Epitomizing the Definition of KARMA and Ongoing Community Giving & Support)
- CWC-FPRA members Erin Hoffer, APR, CPRC (Thomas Nunan Rising Star Award), Sarah Glendening (Member of the Year), Eleni Kouvatsos (President) and Kim Livengood, APR, CPRC (Immediate Past President), Elise Ramer, APR (Ginya Carnahan Promoting the Profession Award) and Joe Grano (Ginnie Duffey Troyer Award of Professionalism)
- The CWC-FPRA 2020-2021 board of directors
About The Central West Coast Chapter of the Florida Public Relations Association (CWC-FPRA)
The Central West Coast Chapter of the Florida Public Relations Association is a network of more than 100 public relations, marketing and communications professionals from Sarasota, Manatee and Desoto counties who come together for professional development and to build a network of peers. As an active part of the oldest statewide public relations organization in our country, CWC-FPRA takes pride in its 50-plus year history of presenting stimulating programs and advancing the professional growth of its members. The mission of the Florida Public Relations Association is dedicated to developing public relations practitioners who, through ethical and standardized practices, enhance the public relations profession in Florida. For more about CWC-FPRA, go to cwcfpra.com.