Lakeland, FL – Watson Clinic plans to resume all elective surgeries and procedures effect Monday, May 4 based on Governor Ron DeSantis’ Executive Order 20-112, which allows for elective procedures to resume with restrictions.
To provide the safest care and maintain adequate PPE materials for safe treatment, we will be following strict guidelines provided by regulatory agencies. Social distancing will still be practiced by all providers, team members and patients. Family members or drivers of patients will be asked to remain in their car or outside the building to help with the social distancing.
Below are ongoing safety measures that all Watson Clinic locations will follow:
- Everyone who enters any Watson Clinic location will have their temperature taken and is screened for known COVID-19 symptoms at check points. If the patient meets the screening criteria they will be referred to one of our Urgent Care locations for evaluation and testing.
- All patients, care team members and physicians are required to wear a mask as a precaution.
- All patients scheduled for a surgery will be screened for COVID-19 at our pre-op testing location. After the pre-op COVID-19 test we will ask the patient to quarantine until their surgery/procedure date. If the patient meets the screening criteria, when they arrive for pre-op testing they will be referred to one of our Urgent Care locations for testing and their surgery will be postponed until we receive the results.
- Prior to the start of a surgery or procedure the patient’s temperature will be taken and we will ask the screening criteria again.
- The provider and care team members assisting with the surgery or procedure must wear gloves, face mask, face shield, disposable gown or lab coat.
- No unnecessary personnel are allowed into room where the procedure/surgery is being performed.
“The health and safety of our patients, care team members and physicians, is our top priority,” says Watson Clinic managing partner Dr. Steve Achinger. “Watson Clinic remains committed to helping patients address their health concerns just as we have for close to 80 years.”
For questions regarding specific upcoming surgeries or procedures, please call your doctor’s office directly. For updated information on COVID-19, visit WatsonClinic.com/Coronavirus or call our hotline at 863-680-7977.
About Watson Clinic LLP: As one of the largest multispecialty medical clinics in the southeast, Watson Clinic provides comprehensive healthcare services to residents of Lakeland and surrounding communities. First established in 1941, Watson Clinic has grown to include over 220 board-certified physicians representing more than 40 medical and surgical specialties. The Clinic is proud to deliver quality healthcare to every generation from our Main Clinic location at 1600 Lakeland Hills Boulevard in Lakeland, as well as at multiple convenient locations throughout Polk, Pasco and Hillsborough counties. More information is available at: www.WatsonClinic.com.