~Recruiters Network of Tampa Bay and CareerSource Tampa Bay to Partner~
TAMPA, FL –CareerSource Tampa Bay (CSTB) and the Recruiters Network Group Tampa Bay (RNG) are partnering to assist job seekers looking for work in the virtual world.
CSTB and RNG will be holding virtual interviewing workshops in May, 2020 through the Professional Talent of Tampa Bay program. Interested participants can learn more about the program by emailing professionaltalent@careersourceTB.com. Include your name, address, email address and phone number to register.
“We are seeing more employers interview virtually and job seekers need to be prepared for this new reality,” said John Flanagan, CEO with CareerSource Tampa Bay. “We expect to see virtual interviewing increase even more now that face to face interaction can be limited in Covid-19 hiring.”
Some TIPS on interviewing virtually that will be addressed in the Interviewing Virtually workshops include:
• Make sure you are dressed professionally for the virtual interview
• Have a professional background, make sure it is clean, not cluttered
• Interact with the interviewers, ask questions, look directly into the camera when addressing the interviewer
• Prepare your device well in advance. Get familiar with the platform in which you will be interviewed well before the interview
• Make sure you have a good WIFI connection, keep other people in the home off their devices while you are interviewing, you don’t want everyone in the house streaming videos while you are interviewing for a job
• Prepare for the interview like an in-person interview, have questions prepared to show you are interested in the job and did your research in advance
The Recruiters Network Group is a nonprofit group of more than 400 corporate recruiters in the Tampa Bay area that offers career opportunities and solutions to support local economic growth.
“This is a perfect example of how our two groups have been working to partner together to help connect job seekers with employers,” said Laura Sehres, President of Recruiter
Networking Group of Tampa Bay. “We’re excited about using our group’s expertise to help prepare workers in this virtual job interviewing arena, which we believe will become even more prevalent in the near future.”
More information about Professional Talent of Tampa Bay can be found at their website https://www.careersourcetampabay.com/job-seekers/job-search/professional-talent/
About CareerSource Tampa Bay
CareerSource Tampa Bay programs and initiatives are fully supported by the U.S. Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Agriculture as part of awards totaling $19,293,411.
CareerSource Tampa Bay works with businesses and candidates to leverage their training, retraining, and competitive opportunities in the workforce. CareerSource Tampa Bay provided 240,269 services to 36,960 active Wagner-Peyser individuals during program year 2018-2019. CareerSource Tampa Bay, with our five career centers is the single largest source of job candidates in the region from entry-level to executive-level candidates.
Businesses can access CareerSource’s wide range of services that include recruiting, training for new and existing employees, targeted hiring events, and retention support strategies. All resources and services are provided at no cost to both businesses and job candidates. Programs funded through CareerSource Tampa Bay are equal opportunity programs with auxiliary aids and services available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Persons using TTY/TTD equipment use Florida Relay Service 711. A proud partner of the American Job Center network to learn more, visit www.careersourcetampabay.com.