The Florida Senate has confirmed the appointments of five Southwest Florida Water Management District (District) Governing Board members.
- Jack Bispham represents Manatee County and his term ends March 1, 2021.
- Joel Schleicher represents Charlotte and Sarasota counties and his term ends March 1, 2023.
- Kelly Rice represents Citrus, Lake, Levy and Sumter counties and his term ends March 1, 2023.
- Roger Germann represents Hillsborough County and his term ends March 1, 2022.
- Seth Weightman represents Pasco County and his term ends March 1, 2023.
Governing Board members are unpaid, citizen volunteers who are appointed by the Governor and confirmed by the Florida Senate. The Governing Board sets policy for the District, whose mission is to protect water resources, minimize flood risks, and ensure the public’s water needs are met.