Hudson, Florida (February 29, 2020) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point will offer a seminar on Dementia Care on Tuesday, March 17, at noon. The seminar will be presented by Gary LeBlanc at the Rao Musunuru, MD Conference Center at 14100 Yosemite Drive, Hudson, Florida 34667 (back campus of the hospital). Registration/lunch begins at 11:30 am and the tutorial begins at noon.
Gary Joseph LeBlanc, CDCS, dementia communication specialist and author will be the presenter. Mr. LeBlanc is the author of Staying Afloat in the Sea of Forgetfulness and coauthor of While I Still Can. His writing and speaking events utilize his 3,000+ of days and nights of personal caregiving experience to help other Alzheimer and dementia caregivers cope with the everyday challenges and the emotional struggles of caring for the memory impaired.
Mr. LeBlanc will present the As to Zs on dementia-related diseases, positive ways to improve communication, how to manage dementia behaviors and provide the best standards of care. “I believe that the true way to educate family and professional caregivers is through the heart,” said Mr. LeBlanc. His seminars are full of personal and professional dramatury scenarios of his ongoing 20 years’ experience in dementia care.
Admission is free. Seating is limited and reservations are required. For more information and for reservations call 727-869-5498 or toll free 888-741-5119.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL. We have more than 300 physicians, 1,264 employees and 400 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· Comprehensive Stroke Center
· Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety in 2017, 2018 and 2019 by Healthgrades
· Recognized by Healthgrades as one of the Top 100 Hospitals for Superior Clinical Outcomes in Back & Neck Surgeries and Spinal Fusion
· Leapfrog Patient Safety Award
· Joint Commission Accreditation, Primary Stroke Center and Sepsis Certifications
· Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
o Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 13 years in a row (2005-2017)
o Five Star Recipient for Back Surgery eight years in a row (2010 – 2017)
o Five Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm for two years in a row (2016 – 2017)
o Recipient of Healthgrades 2017 and 2018 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
o Five Star Recipient for Appendectomy for three years in a row (2015 – 2017)
· American College of Radiology accredited – MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine
· Accredited Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons
· Accredited Teaching Facility by the American Osteopathic Association, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education