Hudson, Florida (February 27, 2020) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is proud to announce that Joseph Pino, MD, has recently been appointed Program Director for Hospice and Palliative Care and as site director for geriatrics in the hospital’s Graduate Medical Education Program.
Dr. Pino has served the community since 1984, first as a practicing physician. He is board certified in family medicine, geriatrics, and hospice and palliative medicine. In December 2013 he became the first Chief Medical Officer at Bayonet Point, a position he has held until now.
“Dr. Pino was an integral part of initiating our quality and clinical excellence programs at Bayonet Point,” said Gina Temple, CEO. “These initiatives will continue to benefit patients and patient outcomes well into the future. It was under his leadership that our Graduate Medical Education Programs were launched and have flourished,” she added.
“The ground level experience in building our Graduate Medical Education Programs has been one of the most rewarding experiences in my professional career,” said Dr. Pino. “Therefore, it is quite fitting that this next chapter in my career should be in the field of Graduate Medical Education.”
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL. We have more than 300 physicians, 1,264 employees and 400 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· Comprehensive Stroke Center
· Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety in 2017, 2018 and 2019 by Healthgrades
· Recognized by Healthgrades as one of the Top 100 Hospitals for Superior Clinical Outcomes in Back & Neck Surgeries and Spinal Fusion
· Leapfrog Patient Safety Award
· Joint Commission Accreditation, Primary Stroke Center and Sepsis Certifications
· Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
o Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 13 years in a row (2005-2017)
o Five Star Recipient for Back Surgery eight years in a row (2010 – 2017)
o Five Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm for two years in a row (2016 – 2017)
o Recipient of Healthgrades 2017 and 2018 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
o Five Star Recipient for Appendectomy for three years in a row (2015 – 2017)
· American College of Radiology accredited – MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine
· Accredited Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons
· Accredited Teaching Facility by the American Osteopathic Association, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education