Hudson, Florida (February 14, 2020) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is collaborating with CARES (Community Aging and Retirement Services, Inc.) to present a Matter of Balance: Managing Concerns About Falls. The class will be held for four weeks, every Wednesday and Friday from 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, Florida 34667, in the back of the Shoreline Cafeteria, Entrance A. The next class will begin on March 4 and end on March 27, 2020.
A Matter of Balance: Managing Concerns About Falls is conducted in eight two-hour sessions and uses group discussion, problem–solving strategies, videos and gentle physical exercise. Older adults learn positive coping methods to reduce fear of falling and remain active and independent.
A Matter of Balance helps participants become more confident about managing falls by believing that they can increase their strength, find ways to reduce falls, and protect themselves if they do fall. In addition, participants report that they have increased the amount they exercise on a regular basis.
Class size is limited and reservations are required. For more information and to register call 727-869-5498.
CARES (Community Aging and Retirement Services, Inc.) is a charitable, not for profit 501(c) (3) corporation that provides quality and caring services to meet the needs of older persons and their families in West Central Florida, helping to improve the quality of life and independence for seniors through health, social and support services. For more information, go to www.caresfl.org.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL. We have more than 300 physicians, 1,264 employees and 400 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· Comprehensive Stroke Center
· Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety in 2017, 2018 and 2019 by Healthgrades
· Recognized by Healthgrades as one of the Top 100 Hospitals for Superior Clinical Outcomes in Back & Neck Surgeries and Spinal Fusion
· Leapfrog Patient Safety Award
· Joint Commission Accreditation, Primary Stroke Center and Sepsis Certifications
· Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
o Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 13 years in a row (2005-2017)
o Five Star Recipient for Back Surgery eight years in a row (2010 – 2017)
o Five Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm for two years in a row (2016 – 2017)
o Recipient of Healthgrades 2017 and 2018 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
o Five Star Recipient for Appendectomy for three years in a row (2015 – 2017)
· American College of Radiology accredited – MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine
· Accredited Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons
· Accredited Teaching Facility by the American Osteopathic Association, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education