Tampa, Fla. – Sponsors, vendors and artists are being sought to participate in University Area CDC’s second annual Uptown Music Festival, featuring nationally known jazz artists, to be held on Saturday, March 28.
The Uptown Music Festival was created to highlight the rich culture of the Uptown/University Area through music. This six-hour event, from 4 to 10 p.m., will draw residents from Tampa and surrounding cities to the Uptown/University Area for music and art to benefit the programs and services of University Area CDC.
Headlining jazz artists featured will include:
• Kim Waters– Saxophonist Kim Waters has made a career of writing timeless anthems with insatiable grooves, undeniable hooks and memorable melodies that combine the best of jazz, R&B, funk and soul. This formula has catapulted him to the top of the charts time and time again and has made him one of the biggest selling saxophonist to date.
• Jose Valentino -2019 Latin Grammy Award Winner, for nearly two decades, José Valentino has managed an exhilarating, versatile, and cutting-edge career as he has redefined the concept of a music entrepreneur and is one of the world’s sought-after performers as he gives high-energy performances in the styles of jazz, Latin jazz, funk/fusion, pop, R&B, world music, and singer-songwriter.
• Jazmin Ghent -Jazmin Ghent is one of the hottest national smooth jazz and gospel recording artists today. She was voted “2017’s BEST NEW SMOOTH JAZZ ARTIST” and was awarded the prestigious “2019 NAACP IMAGE AWARD” for Outstanding Jazz Album “The Story of Jaz.” Jazmin has three Billboard topping singles: “Work Wit It,” “Heat” and “Compared to What.”
• Adam Hawley -Adam Hawley is a six-time chart topping Jazz guitarist. Hawley has been named both Smooth Jazz News and JazzTrax Debut Artist of the Year 2016. His first offering on the Kalimba label features Brian Culbertson, Gerald Albright, Euge Groove, Eric Darius and Michael Lington.
- Nathan Mitchell – Mitchell is a 2020 NAACP Image Award Smooth Jazz Artist Nominee. The passion and essence of his music has penned his name in the hearts of fans worldwide. This Billboard vocalist, songwriter, producer, and multi-instrumentalist is known best for his showmanship, unique talent, enthusiastic energy, and funk as a collaborator with Grammy ® winning, nominated, and Billboard artists.
- Tim George– Bassist Tim George was raised in Manhattan, Kansas where he began playing the drums at age six but was always drawn to the sound of the bass. Some of the artists with which he has performed include: Ray Charles, Bobby Caldwell, Chuck Loeb, Jeff Lorber, Rick Braun, Richard Elliot, Kim Waters, Mindi Abair, Nick Colionne, Euge Groove, Paul Taylor and Peter White.
With more than 20,000 residents living in unincorporated Hillsborough County, and major institutions such as the University of South Florida, Moffitt Cancer Center, Advent Health, and Uptown Mall (University Mall) being located in the area, the Uptown Music Festival is quickly becoming one of the premier cultural events in the area.
In addition to music, the Uptown Music Festival will feature an art gallery, and vendors offering a variety of quality merchandise. A family-friendly Kids Zone space on the lawn will be the picture-perfect place to lay out a blanket and let the children run and play. Kids Zone will also feature Prodigy® Moves, arts and crafts, and live performance activities. Children 12 and under admitted free (general admission) with a paid adult admission.
This outdoor event, held in the beautiful University Area Park at 14013 N. 22nd Street, Tampa 33613 will be a fun and relaxing evening for the whole family to enjoy.
Reserved seating is $50; general admission tickets are $20. General Admission is lawn seating, so event-goers are encouraged to bring outdoor chairs and blankets for seating. Tickets are on sale now at: http://www.uptownmusicfestival.com.
Sponsorship and vendor opportunities are available by contacting Jaree Ervin atJErvin@uacdc.org.
Serving the community for more than 20 years, University Area CDC provides support for thousands of Tampa residents through holistic programming, adult education and resource assistance. Its primary mission is the redevelopment and sustainability of at-risk neighborhoods in the Uptown/University area, surrounding University of South Florida’s Tampa campus. More information about University Area CDC, a 501(c)(3) public/private partnership, is available by calling 813.558.5212 and by visiting www.uacdc.org.