Hudson, Florida (February 1, 2020) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point announces that it is partnering with AHEC to offer a FREE seminar to help tobacco users quit. “Tools to Quit” will be held on February 19, 2020, from 2 pm to 4 pm at the Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point’s Shoreline Cafeteria Conference Room, 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, Florida.
The single-session program will provide you with the valuable tools you need to help you quit tobacco. These include: how to prepare a plan that works for you, specific ways to deal with cravings, what physical and emotional symptoms to expect and how to cope with them effectively, as well as four FREE weeks of patches, gum or lozenges while supplies last. The program is sponsored by Tobacco Free Florida.
Space is limited and registration is required. Call 813-929-1000 to register.
The program is conducted by instructor Sheena Thompson, AA, CTTS, CLL, Certified Tobacco Treatment Specialist.
For more information call Gulfcoast North Area Health Education Center (AHEC) toll free 877-848-6696 or locally at 813-929-1000 or visit tobaccofreeflorida.com/quityourway.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL. We have more than 300 physicians, 1,264 employees and 400 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· Comprehensive Stroke Center
· Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety in 2017, 2018 and 2019 by Healthgrades
· Recognized by Healthgrades as one of the Top 100 Hospitals for Superior Clinical Outcomes in Back & Neck Surgeries and Spinal Fusion
· Leapfrog Patient Safety Award
· Joint Commission Accreditation, Primary Stroke Center and Sepsis Certifications
· Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
o Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 13 years in a row (2005-2017)
o Five Star Recipient for Back Surgery eight years in a row (2010 – 2017)
o Five Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm for two years in a row (2016 – 2017)
o Recipient of Healthgrades 2017 and 2018 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
o Five Star Recipient for Appendectomy for three years in a row (2015 – 2017)
· American College of Radiology accredited – MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine
· Accredited Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons
· Accredited Teaching Facility by the American Osteopathic Association, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education