WHEN Friday, March 6, 2020, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. (pre-registration required at hillsclerk.com)
WHERE George Edgecomb Courthouse, 800 E. Twiggs Street, Tampa
WHAT If your driver’s license is suspended, Operation Green Light offers you the opportunity to get back on the road by addressing overdue court obligations while saving money in additional fees.
Applicants will be notified by mail if they are eligible to participate based on their pre-registration information. Judges will review the applicant’s case history and determine if any court fines or fees can be reduced. Eligible drivers who pay their debts will be able to reinstate their driving privileges the same day in most cases. The Florida Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) will be at the George Edgecomb Courthouse to issue new licenses to qualified drivers; DMV fees will apply.
The event is hosted by Hillsborough Court Clerk & Comptroller Pat Frank in partnership with the 13th Judicial Circuit Court, the Hillsborough Public Defender’s Office, the Hillsborough State Attorney’s Office and the Department of Motor Vehicles.
The following types of cases do not qualify:
· Suspension for non-payment of child support
· Driving under the influence
· Felony traffic offenses
· Commercial driver’s licenses
· Habitual traffic offender revocation
· Permanent license revocation
· Medical revocation
· Suspension for violations that occurred outside of Hillsborough County Florida
· Failure to complete a driver training course, a driver improvement course or alcohol and substance abuse education course.