Hudson, Florida (January 13, 2020) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is particularly pleased to announce the appointment of Paige Laughlin, MHA, as Chief Operating Officer (COO). Ms. Laughlin comes to Bayonet Point from Sunrise Hospital in Las Vegas where she serves as the Vice President of Operations, Ethics & Compliance Officer, and Chief Staffing Officer. As Vice President of Operations Paige provided administrative leadership over imaging, laboratory, respiratory therapy, security, food and nutrition, and transport services. She was also responsible for the growth and development of the critical care transport team and for the rehab, bariatric and oncology service lines.
Ms. Laughlin began her career with HCA as a management engineer working on facility labor management in Houston, Texas, with oversight of 14 hospitals. She was then promoted to the position of Performance Improvement Manager in the Capital Division with responsibility for operational efficiencies and improvement in 17 hospital-based emergency rooms and three free-standing ERs across Virginia, Indiana, Kentucky and New Hampshire.
Ms. Laughlin received her bachelor’s degree in industrial and systems engineering from the Ohio State University. She received a Master of Health Administration from Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, Virginia.
Attached photo: Paige Laughlin, MHA
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL. We have more than 300 physicians, 1,264 employees and 400 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· Comprehensive Stroke Center
· Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety in 2017, 2018 and 2019 by Healthgrades
· Recognized by Healthgrades as one of the Top 100 Hospitals for Superior Clinical Outcomes in Back & Neck Surgeries and Spinal Fusion
· Leapfrog Patient Safety Award
· Joint Commission Accreditation, Primary Stroke Center and Sepsis Certifications
· Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
o Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 13 years in a row (2005-2017)
o Five Star Recipient for Back Surgery eight years in a row (2010 – 2017)
o Five Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm for two years in a row (2016 – 2017)
o Recipient of Healthgrades 2017 and 2018 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
o Five Star Recipient for Appendectomy for three years in a row (2015 – 2017)
· American College of Radiology accredited – MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine
· Accredited Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons
· Accredited Teaching Facility by the American Osteopathic Association, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education