Open house will be held on January 24, 2020
Hudson, Florida (January 9, 2020) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is pleased to announce that it will kick off the new year with a full day devoted to helping the public learn about weight management and weight loss surgery. It will conduct an open house on January 24, 2020, from 9 am to 11 am and then again from 1 pm to 5 pm where it will introduce the public to the new da Vinci X Robotic System.
The open house will be conducted at the Rao Musunuru, MD Conference Center, 14100 Yosemite Drive, Hudson, Florida, 34667, back campus of the hospital.
The public will be treated to surgical robot demonstrations and will be able to interact with this advanced surgical tool. During the open house the public is invited to:
- Meet with the weight loss surgery team
- Learn more about the weight management program
- Receive complimentary health screenings in
- Blood pressure
- Body mass index
- Blood sugar
About the da Vinci X Robotic System
The da Vinci X Robotic System is the fourth-generation robotic platform released by Intuitive Surgical. The da Vinci X provides accuracy and precision for urology, gynecology, general surgery, and thoracic specialties, creating a better surgical experience for patients, physicians and staff. It provides 3D HD vision, advanced instrumentation and surgeon autonomy of up to four instruments. This minimally invasive technique can reduce pain, opioid use, and hospital stay compared to other surgical modalities.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL. We have more than 300 physicians, 1,264 employees and 400 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· Comprehensive Stroke Center
· Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety in 2017, 2018 and 2019 by Healthgrades
· Recognized by Healthgrades as one of the Top 100 Hospitals for Superior Clinical Outcomes in Back & Neck Surgeries and Spinal Fusion
· Leapfrog Patient Safety Award
· Joint Commission Accreditation, Primary Stroke Center and Sepsis Certifications
· Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
o Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 13 years in a row (2005-2017)
o Five Star Recipient for Back Surgery eight years in a row (2010 – 2017)
o Five Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm for two years in a row (2016 – 2017)
o Recipient of Healthgrades 2017 and 2018 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
o Five Star Recipient for Appendectomy for three years in a row (2015 – 2017)
· American College of Radiology accredited – MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine
· Accredited Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons
· Accredited Teaching Facility by the American Osteopathic Association, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education