According to The Boeing Company’s industry forecast, more than 800,000 new pilots and 679,000 aircraft technicians will be needed over the next 20 years. With air travel increasing worldwide, career opportunities are also booming in aviation business and finance, airport management, air traffic control, aerospace engineering, aviation data analytics, aviation cybersecurity, and more.
On Saturday, Jan. 11, 2020, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in St. Petersburg, Admiral Farragut Academy (AFA) and Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University will host a Careers in Aviation Expo. It’s a great time to work in the aviation industry. Aviation Expo attendees will hear first-hand from industry professionals about the many career opportunities that are available. Doors open at 10:30 a.m. The event is open to the public and will benefit anyone interested in working in the aviation industry, regardless of age. Click here to RSVP
The Program Includes
- Keynote speaker Nicole Stott. Stott is an AFA current parent, an Embry-Riddle graduate (‘87), and a retired engineer and NASA astronaut. During her 27 years at NASA, she served as a flight engineer on ISS Expedition 20 and Expedition 21 and was a mission specialist on STS-128 and STS-133. Today, Stott is the Space for Art Foundation Director.
- A panel discussion with professional pilots and individuals with aviation industry experience. We are expecting the following professionals (list is subject to change):
- April Allen (AFA ‘00, Embry-Riddle ‘18), JetBlue Airways Airline Pilot
- Marshall Pitts (AFA ‘97), Envoy Airlines Regional Pilot
- Brigitte Lakah (Embry-Riddle ‘86), UPS Air Cargo Captain
- Chris Thomas (AFA ‘87), JetBlue Airways Aerobatic Pilot
- Douglas Pearson Sr. (AFA ‘66), Federal Aviation Administration, Air Traffic Controller
- Ben Srock (Embry-Riddle ‘14, ‘17), Textron Aviation Customer Experience Manager
Location & Directions
- Admiral Farragut Academy, DeSeta Hall building
- 501 Park Street North, St. Petersburg, Florida 33710. Click here for directions.
- Parking: Use the 5th Avenue North entrance. Parking, both regular and handicapped, is located in front of DeSeta Hall and in the parking circle around Farragut Hall. Additional parking is also located next to the Russel Building and along 5th Avenue North. Overflow parking is also available in another lot on the 9th Avenue North side of campus.
Rob Ewing, Director of Aviation at Admiral Farragut Academy: firstname.lastname@example.org, 727-384-5500 ext 244
About Admiral Farragut Academy – Admiral Farragut Academy, established in 1933, is a private, college-prep school serving students in grades PreK-12 with an international boarding program for students in grades 8-12. Farragut is world-renowned for its signature academic programs including Aviation (including Dual Enrollment with Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University), Engineering, Naval Science, Leadership, Scuba Diving, Sailing, and Marine Science. The campus for the 501(c)3 tax-exempt school is located on Boca Ciega Bay in St. Petersburg. For more information about the school, call (727) 384-5500, or visit: www.farragut.org