Hudson, Florida (November 26, 2019) – In the spirit of giving back, Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is proud to again be involved with the American Heart Association’s Tampa Bay Heart Walk. Because cardiovascular disease is the number one killer of all Americans and affects the lives of so many patients, employees, families, friends and the community, RMCBP continues to make this initiative a priority.
Over $28,000 was raised for the American Heart Association’s Tampa Bay Heart Walk through the Swing for Charity Golf Tournament, which was held on November 8, 2019, at the Seven Springs Golf & Country Club.
The team winners are as follows:
First Place –Team Carroll sponsored by Medline – Mike Carroll, Dennis Gibb, Phil Meyers, Bill Jackson
Second Place – Team Vincent sponsored by Healthgrades –Jason Vincent, Andy Lason, Sean Baxter, Scott Winslow
Third Place – Team Imbimbo sponsored by Brooks Rehab – Mike Imbimbo, Steve Bialkoski, Todd Larson, Steve Forton
Other winners included:
- Closest to the Pin – Hole #2 – Jim Knoll
- Closest to the Pin – Hole #10 – Dennis Smith
- Accuracy (straightest) Drive – Dennis Smith
- Women’s Long Drive – Greta Blankenship
- Men’s Long Drive – Troy Steele
- Putting Contest – Anthony Caramanica
Attached photo: First place team – Team Carroll – pose for the camera. Left to right: Marcus Smith, Swing for Charity Golf Tournament Director, Phil Meyers, Billy Jackson, Bill Jackson, and Michael Carroll.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL. We have more than 300 physicians, 1,264 employees and 400 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· Comprehensive Stroke Center
· Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety in 2017, 2018 and 2019 by Healthgrades
· Recognized by Healthgrades as one of the Top 100 Hospitals for Superior Clinical Outcomes in Back & Neck Surgeries and Spinal Fusion
· Leapfrog Patient Safety Award
· Joint Commission Accreditation, Primary Stroke Center and Sepsis Certifications
· Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
o Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 13 years in a row (2005-2017)
o Five Star Recipient for Back Surgery eight years in a row (2010 – 2017)
o Five Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm for two years in a row (2016 – 2017)
o Recipient of Healthgrades 2017 and 2018 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
o Five Star Recipient for Appendectomy for three years in a row (2015 – 2017)
· American College of Radiology accredited – MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine
· Accredited Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons
· Accredited Teaching Facility by the American Osteopathic Association, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education