Hudson, Florida (November 20, 2019) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point held a by invitation only grand re-opening of its Wound Care & Hyperbaric Medicine Center on Wednesday, November 13. The $500,000 renovation took six months and included renovations of everything from podiatry chairs to updating furniture throughout. Hyperbaric chambers were also added. The Wound Care Center has now been expanded to two suites for a total of 3865 square feet.
“We are really excited,” said Carlie Thomas, Director of Bayonet Point Wound Care & Hyperbaric Medicine. “We went from five small treatment rooms as well as the world’s smallest HBO treatment room to six large treatment rooms including an extra-large stretcher room and an actual HBO treatment area with changing rooms, lockers, and separate rest rooms. Now we have more space to accommodate our patients and our team in a more comfortable environment,” she added.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL. We have more than 300 physicians, 1,264 employees and 400 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· Comprehensive Stroke Center
· Healthgrades: 100 Best Hospitals for Spine Surgery in the U.S.
· Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety in 2017, 2018 and 2019 by Healthgrades
· Leapfrog Patient Safety Award
· Joint Commission Accreditation, Primary Stroke Center and Sepsis Certifications
· Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
o Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 13 years in a row (2005-2017)
o Five Star Recipient for Back Surgery eight years in a row (2010 – 2017)
o Five Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm for two years in a row (2016 – 2017)
o Recipient of Healthgrades 2017 and 2018 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
o Five Star Recipient for Appendectomy for three years in a row (2015 – 2017)
· American College of Radiology accredited – MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine
· Accredited Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons
· Accredited Teaching Facility by the American Osteopathic Association, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education