Hudson, Florida (November 19, 2019) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has recognized by Healthgrades in its list of Top 100 Best Hospitals for Superior Clinical Outcomes in Back & Neck Surgeries and Spinal Fusion. Bayonet Point Hospital ranks number 35 in the nation. Healthgrades assesses the performance of almost 4,500 US hospitals and clinical outcomes across 32 procedures and conditions and is one of leading online resource for information about physicians and hospitals. Healthgrades’ 2020 Specialty Excellence Award™ recognizes leading hospitals that are ranked in the top 10% in key specialties such as cardiac surgery, stroke care, joint replacement and critical care.
Healthgrades released its 2020 report to the nation entitled “Putting Hospital Quality Into Perspective,” which underscores the importance of hospital quality for both consumers and hospital leaders. The 2020 report to the nation provides consumers with the information that shows the importance of hospital quality as well as the significant variation in health outcomes between different hospitals across the country.
Specifically, the Healthgrades’ 2020 Specialty Excellence Award™analysis recognizes a hospital’s quality achievements for cohort-specific performance, specialty area performance, and overall clinical quality. This provides greater transparency for consumers, physicians, and healthcare professionals by surfacing top hospital performers in key specialties nationwide.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL. We have more than 300 physicians, 1,264 employees and 400 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety in 2017, 2018 and 2019 by Healthgrades
· Named among the Top 100 Hospitals Recognized for Superior Clinical Outcomes in Back & Neck Surgeries and Spinal Fusion (Ranked #35)
· Leapfrog Patient Safety Award
· Joint Commission Accreditation, Primary Stroke Center and Sepsis Certifications
· Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
- Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 13 years in a row (2005-2017)
- Five Star Recipient for Back Surgery eight years in a row (2010 – 2017)
- Five Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm for two years in a row (2016 – 2017)
- Recipient of Healthgrades 2017 and 2018 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
- Five Star Recipient for Appendectomy for three years in a row (2015 – 2017)
· American College of Radiology accredited – MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine
· Accredited Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons
· Accredited Teaching Facility by the American Osteopathic Association, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education