Hudson, Florida (November 19, 2019) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has announced the recipients of its third quarter volunteer Star Awards. The Star Award Volunteers include Rev. Fred Houck, Steve Johnson, and Barbara Weber.
Rev. Fred Houck has been volunteering with Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point since August 2013 and has accumulated 2,731 life hours and 3,766 merit hours. “Rev. Houck has been a faithful servant of the Lord bringing comfort to our patients and families in time of need,” said Donna Owen, Director of Volunteer & Pastoral Care. “Rev. Fred is a compassionate and inspiring member of the clergy who provides comfort and solace during very traumatic times in the lives of individuals and families. He serves with skill, grace and compassion,” she added. Rev. Houck has a reputation for tirelessness in doing the work of the Lord.
Steve Johnson has been volunteering since April 2011 with a total 3,438 life hours and 6,068 merit hours. Steve began as a courtesy cart driver working on both afternoons of the weekend. However, this past year he has expanded his cart driving duties to include Tuesday, Thursday and Friday evenings plus also volunteering on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday afternoons in the material management department. “Steve responds well to all those with whom he comes into contact and is willing to help whenever asked,” said Donna Owen. “He takes time to show visitors the way to their destinations with a smile and his own brand of ‘southern charm,’” she added.
Barbara Weber has been volunteering since November 2016 working as a courier on Sundays from 8 am to 4 pm. She also works at the welcome center of the medical office building on Mondays and Thursdays as well as the Welcome D center on Mondays. Barbara has accumulated over 3,000 life hours and over 3,500 merit hours. “She is willing to fill in at a moment’s notice whenever help is needed,” said Donna Owen. “Barbara always has a smile on her face and a sparkle in her eyes that endears her to all who encounter her,” she added.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL. We have more than 300 physicians, 1,264 employees and 400 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety in 2017, 2018 and 2019 by Healthgrades
· Named among the Top 100 Hospitals Recognized for Superior Clinical Outcomes in Back & Neck Surgeries and Spinal Fusion
· Leapfrog Patient Safety Award
· Joint Commission Accreditation, Primary Stroke Center and Sepsis Certifications
· Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
- Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 13 years in a row (2005-2017)
- Five Star Recipient for Back Surgery eight years in a row (2010 – 2017)
- Five Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm for two years in a row (2016 – 2017)
- Recipient of Healthgrades 2017 and 2018 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
- Five Star Recipient for Appendectomy for three years in a row (2015 – 2017)
· American College of Radiology accredited – MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine
· Accredited Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons
· Accredited Teaching Facility by the American Osteopathic Association, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education