Pasco County, Florida (November 4, 2019) — Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has announced that it has added a third CT scanner, which will reside in the Emergency Department of the hospital to support its trauma, ER, stroke and cardiac services. By locating here, the new scanner will support the patient experience by allowing for quicker and more convenient scanning services in the hospital’s busy ER.
Bayonet Point is the only Level II Trauma Center and Comprehensive Stroke Center in Pasco, Hernando and Citrus counties.
Bayonet Point has further solidified its commitment to high diagnostic quality images by acquiring the latest scanning technology. Advantages of the new 64-slice Revolution Evo technology include higher quality images and lower dose to the patient. It is also environmentally friendly cutting power consumption by 54 percent.
Attached Photo: Officials and medical staff gather as Gina Temple, CEO cuts the ribbon for Bayonet Point’s third CT Scanner. Left to right: Dr. Martin Rosenthal, Trauma; Dr. Adam Lazarus ED Medical Director; Dr. Clay Brunson; Dr. Joe Pino, CMO; Joe Rudisill, COO; GinaTemple, CEO; Dr. Rao Musunuru, Chairman of the Board of Trustees; Dr. Maryam Bita Tabrizi, Trauma Medical Director; Dr. Gaurav Kumar; Dr. Erika Van Doorn, Trauma
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL. We have more than 300 physicians, 1,264 employees and 400 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· Comprehensive Stroke Center
· Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety in 2017, 2018 and 2019 by Healthgrades
· Leapfrog Patient Safety Award
· Joint Commission Accreditation, Primary Stroke Center and Sepsis Certifications
· Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
o Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 13 years in a row (2005-2017)
o Five Star Recipient for Back Surgery eight years in a row (2010 – 2017)
o Five Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm for two years in a row (2016 – 2017)
o Recipient of Healthgrades 2017 and 2018 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
o Five Star Recipient for Appendectomy for three years in a row (2015 – 2017)
· American College of Radiology accredited – MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine
· Accredited Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons
· Accredited Teaching Facility by the American Osteopathic Association, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education