TAMPA, Fla. – Nov. 1, 2019 – As Walmart continues to change how Florida customers shop, the retailer is helping them save time and money through the rollout and expansion of several in-store innovations, including the introduction of new Pickup Towers like the one recently installed in Tampa at 6192 Gunn Highway.
“We launched one of the first Towers in the state almost two years ago in the Bay area, and since then, we’ve heard from customers how convenient it is to order online and pick up in store when shopping with us,” said Ryan Reed, a market eCommerce manager for Walmart in Tampa Bay. “That’s why we’re continuing to bring this time-saving service to even more in the area – helping busy families save time and money.”
Last year, Walmart launched or expanded several customer-focused innovations in Florida stores, including grocery pickup and grocery delivery, Pickup Towers, Check Out With Me, Dotcom Store App, autonomous shelf scanner, handheld apps for sales floor associates, virtual reality training for all associates, store maps in the Walmart app, third-party returns in stores and the FAST Unloader.
For more on these innovations, visit https://news.walmart.com/2019/01/15/top-ways-walmart-is-changing-how-customers-shop.
New Technology: Pickup Towers
Walmart Pickup Towers are 16 feet tall and function like high-tech vending machines, capable of fulfilling a customer’s online order in less than a minute. One was recently installed at the Walmart Supercenter in Tampa at 6192 Gunn Highway.
Using Pickup Towers
· Simply choose from millions of items available on Walmart.com and select the “Pickup” option at checkout.
· When the item arrives at your local store, an associate loads it into the Pickup Tower and you will receive notification.
· When you arrive at the store, step up to the Pickup Tower and scan the bar code sent to your smartphone.
· You will receive your order in less than a minute.
The Tampa Pickup Tower on Gunn Highway is one of just 36 planned to be added to Florida Walmart stores this year.
Shop How, Where and When You Want: Convenience Offerings
Walmart is innovating the shopping experience like no one else – so customers can shop when and how they want.
· Customers can shop nearly 67 million items on walmart.com or through a partnership with Google Express.
· Walmart also gives customers the power of choice; Pickup Discount gives customers a discount on select items if they choose to pick up their Walmart.com order at a store.
· In addition, free NextDay delivery and free 2-Day shipping is offered with no extra cost for orders of $35 or more. Nextday delivery is available in qualifying zip codes.
· Walmart launched a new program called Check Out With Me. Outfitted with cellular devices and Bluetooth printers, associates at all Florida Supercenters can check out customers and provide a receipt, via print, text or email, on the spot.
· With Walmart mobile app for iPhone and Android, customers can create shopping lists, search the location of items in their store, check weekly ads and prices, save e-receipts and shop walmart.com.
· Express Services is a new feature in the Walmart app that is combined with in-store Express Lanes in most stores to help expedite customers’ Money Services transactions and Pharmacy Services.
About Walmart in Florida
Walmart Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere – in retail stores, online and through their mobile devices. In Florida, we serve customers at 383 retail units and online through Walmart Online Grocery, Walmart.com and our family of brands. We are proud to employ 105,951 associates in Florida. Walmart supports local businesses, spending $8 billion with Florida suppliers in FYE19 and supporting 116,428 Florida supplier jobs. Walmart continues to be a leader in employment opportunity, sustainability, and corporate philanthropy. In FYE19, Walmart and the Walmart Foundation contributed more than $81.8 million in cash and in-kind donations to local nonprofits in Florida and our Florida associates volunteered more than 53,900 hours with local causes. Learn more at corporate.walmart.com, and on our Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram channels.