Hudson, Florida (October 14, 2019) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point continues its popular Tuesday Tutorials with “Your Teeth Matter: Integrating Oral Health & Primary Care” on Tuesday, October 22, 2019, at 11:30 am at the Rao Musunuru, MD Conference Center, 14100 Yosemite Drive, Hudson, Florida 34667 (back campus of the hospital). This tutorial will be conducted by Delisa Heron, MD, Premier Community HealthCare, Chief Medical Officer, and Jose Peralta, DDS, Premier Community HealthCare, Dental & Associate Medical Director.
Medical and oral healthcare operate in parallel, often separate universes. However, new models of care include the integration of primary care and oral healthcare. Those who attend this tutorial will learn why oral healthcare is vital to overall general health and what you can do to make the connection between medical and dental care on your own. Those who attend will also learn about a local community resource, Premier Community HealthCare, and its Medical-Dental Integration program. This free lunch and learn will help the attendees understand how medical and dental integration is advancing overall health and wellness by increasing oral health literacy in primary care.
About Delisa Heron, MD
Dr. Heron was promoted to Chief Medical Officer, Premier HealthCare in 2018. She has practiced medicine for 12 years. After earning her medical degree at Ross University School of Medicine in Dominica, West Indies, Dr. Heron moved to New York and completed her residency at the renowned Albert Einstein College of Medicine at the Jamaica, New York, location.
About Jose Peralta, DDS
Dr. Peralta has practiced dentistry for more than 25 years after earning his Doctor of Dentistry at the University of New York’s College of Dentistry, Dr. Peralta moved to Florida and completed his residency at the University of Miami and its teaching facility, Jackson Memorial Hospital.
Registration and lunch are at 11:30 and the tutorial begins at noon.
Admission is free and a complimentary lunch will be served. Seating is limited and reservations are required. For more information and reservations call 727-869-5498 or toll free 888-741-5119.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL. We have more than 300 physicians, 1,264 employees and 400 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety in 2017, 2018 and 2019 by Healthgrades
· Leapfrog Patient Safety Award
· Joint Commission Accreditation, Primary Stroke Center and Sepsis Certifications
· Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
- Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 13 years in a row (2005-2017)
- Five Star Recipient for Back Surgery eight years in a row (2010 – 2017)
- Five Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm for two years in a row (2016 – 2017)
- Recipient of Healthgrades 2017 and 2018 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
- Five Star Recipient for Appendectomy for three years in a row (2015 – 2017)
· American College of Radiology accredited – MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine
· Accredited Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons
· Accredited Teaching Facility by the American Osteopathic Association, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education