Hudson, Florida (October 15, 2019) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has received an invitation to participate in the “2020 Donate Life Rose Parade Float Hospital CEO Rose Dedications.” Only a select group of hospitals in the area have been asked to prepare a handwritten message honoring the patients and families who, with the support of hospital staff, have saved and healed lives through the gift of organ, eye and tissue donation.
The American Hospital Association has joined with the Association of Organ Procurement Organizations and the Eye Bank Association of America to offer this inspirational tribute to the donors of tissues and organs.
For over a dozen years, organizations nationwide have collaborated to enter the Donate Life float in the Rose Parade. Originally envisioned by a lung recipient who wished to thank organ, eye and tissue donors for their gifts of life, the Donate Life Rose Parade float has grown into a national tradition featuring dozens of participants each year.
One of the trademarks of the annual Donate Life float is a “dedication garden” filled with thousands of roses, each placed in a vial carrying a unique, personal message from an individual, family, or organization. In appreciation of Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point’s support of organ, eye and tissue donation, the hospital’s CEO was given this exceptional opportunity.
Attached photo: Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point’s CEO Gina Temple prepares his 2020 note to be placed in the Donate Life Rose Parade Float.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL. We have more than 300 physicians, 1,264 employees and 400 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety in 2017, 2018 and 2019 by Healthgrades
· Leapfrog Patient Safety Award
· Joint Commission Accreditation, Primary Stroke Center and Sepsis Certifications
· Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
- Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 13 years in a row (2005-2017)
- Five Star Recipient for Back Surgery eight years in a row (2010 – 2017)
- Five Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm for two years in a row (2016 – 2017)
- Recipient of Healthgrades 2017 and 2018 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
- Five Star Recipient for Appendectomy for three years in a row (2015 – 2017)
· American College of Radiology accredited – MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine
· Accredited Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons
· Accredited Teaching Facility by the American Osteopathic Association, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education