Tampa, FL September 16, 2019 – St. Clement’s Episcopal Church hosts its 32nd Annual Blessing of the Animals Celebration on Saturday, October 5, 2019, from 10 AM until 2 PM. The festival offers activities and fun for the entire family. Admission is free.
· Blessing of the Animals Worship Service at Noon. Celebrate the Feast Day of St. Francis, with dogs, cats, geese, hamsters, birds and all pets blessed inside the church. Each will receive a St. Francis medal and a copy of Prayers for Pets.
· Adoptable Animals – Dogs and cats and rabbits, oh my! You can learn about these animals and find the one that is right for your family.
· Animal Rescues – You’ll find animals to adore … from tiny bunnies to massive, sweet-tempered Newfoundlands – so much love in one place!
· Author Meet & Greet – Meet Father Andrew Heyes, author of The Faith of Dogs, and Winston, author of The Words of Winston.
· Café Under the Oaks – Take a break, shaded by grandfather oak trees, and enjoy the tasty fare.
· Food Court – Supplement your lunch with cookies, nachos, drinks, desserts & more.
· Kid’s Korral – lots of fun for the kids.
· Pet Claw Clips – Thanks to Vets for Pets
· Pet Photos – Thanks to Corey Watson Photography
· Vendors — handcrafted items, and pet products, treats & services.
· St. Francis Garden Memorial at 1:00 PM– remembering our pets in this beautiful garden.
All proceeds will go to the St Clement’s General Endowment Fund (for roof repair) and to Pets for Patriots.
Pets for Patriots, petsforpatriots.org, has two simultaneous goals: to give the most overlooked, undervalued dogs and cats a second chance at life through adoption; and to provide our military veterans and their families with the extraordinary love of companion animals.
St. Clement’s Episcopal Church is nestled in a quiet corner of Forest Hills, at 706 West 113th Ave, Tampa. It is a vibrant, caring, and family-friendly community, with an active Parish life. All are welcome. For more information, visit www.stclement.net or call the office at 813-932-6204.