Hudson, Florida (September 18, 2019) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has announced the recipients of its second quarter volunteer Star Awards. The Star Award Volunteers include Luvon Crafton, Al Herrick and Juli Ormsby.
Luvon Crafton has been volunteering at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point since May 2015 and has already accumulated 3,540 life hours and 4,567 merit hours. She can be found at the hospital’s Welcome Center D on Wednesday mornings and Welcome Center A on Sunday evenings. Luvon also acts as the team leader supervising couriers volunteering on Sunday evening. “Luvon is very respectful, kind and courteous to staff, guests and other volunteers,” said Donna Owen, Director Volunteer & Pastoral Care. “She performs her duties in a professional, positive manner and is willing to fill in when needed,” she added.
Al Herrick is regarded as a loyal and professional courtesy cart driver volunteering since 2014. He has a reputation among visitors, staff and volunteers for treating all with respect and dignity. Since he is one of the first people anyone meets on entering the campus, “He greets everyone with a welcoming smile as he goes about performing his duties every Tuesday and Wednesday morning,” said Donna Owen. “Al is always dependable, ready and willing to do more to help out,” she added. Al has accumulated over 1,250 life hours of volunteer service.
Juli Ormsby began volunteering in 2016 as a chaplain’s aid and has since become a licensed chaplain. In the three years she has been a volunteer at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point she has more than 1,350 life hours and 1,500 merit hours. “Juli is truly dedicated to serving the spiritual needs of our patients, families and staff,” said Donna Owen. “She is always willing and able to help out at a moment’s notice.” Juli has a reputation as a compassionate and inspiring chaplain who provides comfort and solace during very traumatic times in the lives of individuals and families. She serves as an on-call chaplain, which means she may be called any time day or night to minister.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL. We have more than 300 physicians, 1,264 employees and 400 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety in 2017, 2018 and 2019 by Healthgrades
· Leapfrog Patient Safety Award
· Joint Commission Accreditation, Primary Stroke Center and Sepsis Certifications
· Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
- Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 13 years in a row (2005-2017)
- Five Star Recipient for Back Surgery eight years in a row (2010 – 2017)
- Five Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm for two years in a row (2016 – 2017)
- Recipient of Healthgrades 2017 and 2018 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
- Five Star Recipient for Appendectomy for three years in a row (2015 – 2017)
· American College of Radiology accredited – MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine
· Accredited Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons
· Accredited Teaching Facility by the American Osteopathic Association, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education