Hudson, Florida (September 18, 2019) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has announced the following support group meetings and community events that will be held during the month of October. All group meetings and events will be held at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, Florida 34667, unless otherwise noted. The public is encouraged to confirm the meeting dates, times and locations they plan to attend as they can occasionally change.
- Eating Disorder Recovery Support Group – every Tuesday from 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm at the Rao Musunuru, MD Conference Center (back campus of the hospital). Call 727-619-4366 for more information.
- Alzheimer’s Support Group – October 1 from 10 am to 12 pm in the Shoreline Cafeteria Conference Room. Call Laura at 727-863-0176 for more information.
- Matter of Balance – held for four weeks every Wednesday and Friday from 2 pm – 4 pm beginning October 2 and ending October 25. Meets in the Shoreline Cafeteria. Call 888-741-5119 to register.
- Kidney Smart – October 9 from 6 pm to 8 pm. Call Elizabeth at 727-863-5459 for more information.
- Tools to Quit Smoking Cessation Program – October 16 from 5 pm to 7 pm. Space is limited and registration is required. Call 813-929-1000 to register.
- Weight Management Support Group – October 23 from 7 pm to 8 pm at the Rao Musunuru, MD Conference Center (back campus of the hospital). Call 727-869-5498 for more information.
- Stroke Support Group – October 31 from 3 pm to 4 pm at the Rao Musunuru, MD Conference Center (back campus of the hospital). Call 727-869-5498 for more information.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL. We have more than 300 physicians, 1,264 employees and 400 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety in 2017, 2018 and 2019 by Healthgrades
· Leapfrog Patient Safety Award
· Joint Commission Accreditation, Primary Stroke Center and Sepsis Certifications
· Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
- Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 13 years in a row (2005-2017)
- Five Star Recipient for Back Surgery eight years in a row (2010 – 2017)
- Five Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm for two years in a row (2016 – 2017)
- Recipient of Healthgrades 2017 and 2018 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
- Five Star Recipient for Appendectomy for three years in a row (2015 – 2017)
· American College of Radiology accredited – MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine
· Accredited Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons
· Accredited Teaching Facility by the American Osteopathic Association, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education