Save the Date!
October 12, 2019 is a date to remember, offering a great night of Art and JAZZ!
The Central Arts District, EDGE District, Grand Central District, Warehouse Arts District and downtown Waterfront District unite once a month for the St. Petersburg Second Saturday ArtWalk. Studios and galleries will stay open late on Saturday, October 12 and welcome visitors from 5-9 pm.
Download map of participating galleries, studios, trolley stops and parking options at stpeteartsalliance.org/artwalk. FREE ArtWalk trolleys run every 30 minutes and will let you explore the Central Arts District, EDGE District, Grand Central District and The Warehouse Arts District. The Waterfront District galleries can be seen by using the FREE Downtown Looper, which will run every 15 minutes.
ArtWalk plus JAZZ! – Jazz on the ArtWalk – Free JAZZ Hop Trolley
In addition to art, October 12 will feature jazz performances in 9 galleries for the evening – all connected with a special FREE JAZZ Hop Trolley. Park at the Manhattan Casino and experience JAZZ! Click here for a map and information
Gallery performances include:
- Carter G Woodson African American History Museum – Al Downing Tampa Bay Jazz – 5-9 pm
- The Arts Xchange | Tully-Levine Gallery – James Suggs 6-8 pm
- Morean Center for Clay – EMIT 5tet – 5-9 pm
- Sundial – 6-8pm – Lakewood Jazz Band
– Madeira Beach Fundamental Swing Rays
- Florida CraftArt – Erik Hempel Trio – 5-9 pm
- Woodfield Fine Art/Urban Arts Gallery – Sugar Cane Combo with JJ Pattishall & Friends – 5-9 pm
- Craftsman House Gallery – Jason Charos Ensemble – 5-9 pm
- Charlie Parker Pottery – STretch Bruyn Quartet – 5-9 pm
- Duncan McClellan Gallery – Ashwood Jazz Project 8-9:30 pm
AND MORE – JAZZ on the Deuces! 2019 St. Pete Jazz Celebration
The history and energy of the Manhattan Casino returns for an evening of jazz as part of the inaugural St. Pete Performs 2019. JAZZ on the Deuces revives that history, honoring the likes of Al Downing, Buster Cooper and others that put St. Pete jazz on the map, with live jazz throughout The Deuces neighborhood.
Produced by the Ashwood Jazz Project, the Manhattan Casino will swing from 5pm to midnight with an all-star line-up. Tickets and information: jazz-on-the-deuces
Fred Johnson with Michael Ross – 6-7
Shawn Brown Band – 7-8
Jeremy Carter Group – 8-10
Jazz Jam – 10-midnight with James Suggs, John Lamb, Michael Ross, Paul Gavin,
Ben Winkler, Butch Thomas, Larry Camp and more!
Festival contact: email@example.com
The St. Petersburg Arts Alliance is the event’s fiscal sponsor, funded in part from Florida Division of Cultural Affairs and National Endowment for the Arts. In-kind supporters of JAZZ on the Deuces include: The Deuces Live, Manhattan Casino, Jack’s Kayaks, Duncan McClellan Gallery and WSPJ St. Pete Jazz. A portion of the proceeds support arts programs for youth: St. Petersburg Arts Alliance’s Funding Futures and DMG School Project.