Tampa Bay/Hudson, Florida (September 6, 2019) – The Neuroscience Center of Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point will hold its monthly meeting of its stroke support group, the Bayonet Babblers, on September 26, from 3 pm to 4 pm at the Rao Musunuru, MD Conference Center at 14100 Yosemite Drive, Hudson, Florida 34667 (back campus of the hospital).
The meeting will be facilitated by Lizabeth Rauckhorst MS, CCC/SLP and Wendy Sharpe MS, CCC/SLP (Certificate of Clinical Competence/Speech – Language Pathologists).
The meetings will provide general stroke education and fun activities relating to the possible side effects of stroke. Those who attend the local meeting will also be able to provide input as to the topics for future meetings.
Future meetings will be held on the last Thursday of each month at the same time and location. For more information, call (727) 869-5498 or 888-741-5119.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL. We have more than 300 physicians, 1,264 employees and 400 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety in 2017, 2018 and 2019 by Healthgrades
· Leapfrog Patient Safety Award
· Joint Commission Accreditation, Primary Stroke Center and Sepsis Certifications
· Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
- Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 13 years in a row (2005-2017)
- Five Star Recipient for Back Surgery eight years in a row (2010 – 2017)
- Five Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm for two years in a row (2016 – 2017)
- Recipient of Healthgrades 2017 and 2018 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
- Five Star Recipient for Appendectomy for three years in a row (2015 – 2017)
· American College of Radiology accredited – MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine
· Accredited Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons
· Accredited Teaching Facility by the American Osteopathic Association, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education