November 7 from 6 – 8 p.m.
Pasco Hernando State College, Spring Hill Campus
Trinity, FL—August 26, 2019—Growth & Recovery Counseling Center is sponsoring a free event for area teens, young adults, families, and interested community members this November.
Featured Guest Speaker Sharon Glynn, LPN from the Alliance for Eating Disorders Awareness will lead a lively discussion addressing:
- What is healthy body image & healthy self-esteem?
- How are each affected by family, peers, role models, and the media?
- What effect can social media have on body image?
- Can dieting be dangerous?
- What is “intuitive eating” and what are the benefits?
- What exactly is an eating disorder?
- What should I say if I suspect someone might be struggling with an eating disorder?
In conjunction with this event, an awareness-through-art exhibit entitled “Imagine Me BEYOND What You See” will be on display. This exhibit will be composed of pieces submitted by Tampa Bay area high school students and Pasco Hernando State College students.
Light refreshments will be served and community resource information will be available.
Pre-registration is required by calling Growth & Recovery at (813) 575-0570 by November 6.