Florida’s Voluntary Prekindergarten (“VPK”) is a state-funded education program offered to all Florida four-year-olds – at no cost, regardless of income
PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. — Due to popular response, the Early Learning Coalition of Pinellas will again offer same-day registration for Florida’s FREE VPK program.
Rapid registration is available to families at either of the Coalition offices, between 8:00am and 4:00pm, Monday, August 19, through Friday, August 30:
2536 Countryside Blvd., Suite 500
Clearwater, FL 33763
St. Pete Office:
3420 8th Ave. S.
St. Petersburg, FL 33711
“Rapid Registration” means families will walk out with their VPK certificate the same day. To complete same-day registration, families need to bring:
• Proof of child’s age:
o Birth certificate OR child’s passport
• Proof of Florida Residency (address/name must match application):
o Valid FL driver’s license or ID card OR
o Current utility bill OR
o Current signed lease
Questions: Please call the Coalition’s VPK team: 727.400.4411, option 3, then option 1.
• Further information on VPK is available here.
• Share this flyer on the benefits of VPK and how to apply.
• English-Spanish double-sided postcard on how to apply for VPK.
• This video explains step-by-step how to apply for VPK.
• VPK is free for children who reside in Florida and will be 4-years-old by Sept 1.
• Florida is one of the first states to offer free prekindergarten to all 4-year-olds.
• Results of kindergarten screenings show children who complete VPK are better prepared for kindergarten than those who did not complete or did not attend VPK.
• More than 300 centers offer VPK in Pinellas County – private, public and charter schools and private childcare centers. Families choose the provider best for their child.
• There are school year and summer VPK programs as well as specialized instructional services for 4-year-olds with special needs.