The Central West Coast chapter of FPRA earns collective and individual honors during annual event
Sarasota, FL – August 7, 2019 – The Central West Coast Chapter of the Florida Public Relations Association (CWC-FPRA) was recognized during FPRA’s 81st annual conference in Tampa. Chapter members were recognized for excellence in public relations programs and for leadership; the chapter also earned a prestigious collective honor.
FPRA state president Gordon Paulus recognized CWC-FPRA with the President’s Award for Membership, making special note of the local chapter’s new member numbers, multi-faceted retention efforts, and numerous networking opportunities to keep members engaged with the chapter and one another.
CWC-FPRA board member Eleni Kouvatsos was named to the 2019 Joe Curley Rising Leader Class, which recognizes and honors up-and-coming leaders in regional chapters and builds leadership streams at the state level. She was also awarded a scholarship to help her earn her Accreditation in Public Relations.
During the Golden Image Awards, chapter members earned 16 awards – one of its best showings at the state level in the chapter’s history. The Judges’ Award is presented for outstanding entries that achieve maximum results while using a minimum amount of money. Awards of Distinction are presented to entries that meet the standards of excellence set by a panel of judges. Golden Image Awards may be presented to the top-scoring entry in each category if the entry meets predetermined criteria of excellence set by the judges. CWC-FPRA earned the following:
• “Arts and Cultural Alliance of Sarasota County Art Battle,” Arts and Cultural Alliance of Sarasota County (Andrea Knies) – Golden Image Award and Judges’ Award
• “Finding The Bazaar,” Kim Livengood, APR, CPRC, The Eclipse Agency – Award of Distinction
• “FCCI Insurance Group Website Launch,” FCCI Insurance Group (Melanie Reda, APR) – Award of Distinction
• “Goodwill Manasota: A Hand Up Pays Off,” Sharon Kunkel, Wordslinger Marketing & PR – Judges’ Award
• “Passport to The Bazaar,” Kim Livengood, APR, CPRC, The Eclipse Agency – Award of Distinction
Division B – Printed Tools:
• “Shaquille O’Neal’s House Press Release,” Premier Sotheby’s International Realty (Elise Ramer) – Golden Image Award
• “Lives Transformed: The Campaign for Hammock Place News Release,” Habitat for Humanity Sarasota (Rhonda Leiberick, APR) – Award of Distinction and Judges’ Award
• “The Shark Lady Philanthropic Cocktail,” Gecko’s Hospitality Group (Anne Rollings) – Golden Image Award and Judges’ Award
Division C – Digital Tools:
• “FCCI Insurance Group Website,” FCCI Insurance Group (Melanie Reda, APR) – Award of Distinction
• “First Watch Blog,” First Watch Restaurants (Eleni Kouvatsos) – Award of Distinction
• “Dealer E-news,” KSC, Inc. (Erin Hoffer) – Golden Image Award and Judges’ Award
• “VSC Savor Sarasota Restaurant Week,” Visit Sarasota County (Enriqueta Balandra) – Award of Distinction
“It has been a tremendous honor to work on behalf of this incredible group of professionals this past year,” said CWC-FPRA president Rhonda Leiberick, APR. “Our recognition during the state conference made it clear we are an association that holds great value for our members. We are looking forward to continuing our individual and collective success in the years to come!”
The Central West Coast Chapter of the Florida Public Relations Association meets monthly for professional development luncheons and networking. Visit www.cwcfpra.com for further information.
The Central West Coast chapter of the Florida Public Relations Association (CWC-FPRA) is a network of more than 100 public relations, marketing and communications professionals from Sarasota, Manatee and Desoto counties who come together for professional development and to build a network of peers. An active part of the oldest statewide public relations organization in our country, CWC-FPRA takes pride in its 50-plus year history of stimulating programs and the professional growth of its members. The mission of the Florida Public Relations Association is dedicated to developing public relations practitioners who, through ethical and standardized practices, enhance the public relations profession in Florida. For more about CWC-FPRA, go to cwcfpra.com.