Hudson, Florida (July 30, 2019) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is proud to announce that three of its GME residents received high recognition in this year’s HCA West Florida Graduate Medical Education Consortium Poster Exhibition. The exhibition was held at the University of South Florida – Marshall Student Center. “The event showcased the great research, scholarly activity, and quality initiatives being undertaken by residents and fellows across all GME programs in the HCA West Florida Division,” said Frederick M. Schiavone, MD, FACEP (Fellow of the American College of Emergency Physicians), Vice President and DIO (Designated Institutional Official) of the HCA West Florida Division.
The following GME programs participated in the event: Blake Medical Center, Brandon Regional Hospital, Citrus Memorial Hospital, Largo Medical Center, North Side Hospital, Oak Hill Hospital, Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, and St. Petersburg General Hospital.
The following three physicians received recognition:
- 1st Place Scientific Award – Dr. Ken Baxa, Rheumatology, RMCBP, Poster: Assessment of Intravenous Micronutrient Therapy (Myer’s Cocktail) for the Treatment of Fibromyalgia
- 3rd Place Scientific Award – Dr. Paul Hoffman, Internal Medicine, RMCBP, Poster: Doxycycline Induced Acute Pancreatitis
- 1st Place Inter-Professional Award – Dr. Huma Zuman, Transitional Year, RMCBP, Spectrum of Imaging Findings on CT Perfusion of Brain for Acute Stroke
In making the announcement, Dr. Schiavone thanked the many panel members including assistant professors from the University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine and the various program directors of the HCA facilities with GME programs. A special thank you was given to the keynote speaker Ravi Chari, MD, HCA West Florida Division President.
Attached photos: Dr. Baxa, Dr. Hoffman and Dr. Zuman pose with their recognitions.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL. We have more than 300 physicians, 1,264 employees and 400 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· Comprehensive Stroke Center
· Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety in 2017 and 2018 by Healthgrades
· Joint Commission Accreditation, Primary Stroke Center and Sepsis Certifications
· Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
o Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 13 years in a row (2005-2017)
o Five Star Recipient for Back Surgery eight years in a row (2010 – 2017)
o Five Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm for two years in a row (2016 – 2017)
o Recipient of Healthgrades 2017 and 2018 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
o Five Star Recipient for Appendectomy for three years in a row (2015 – 2017)
· American College of Radiology accredited – MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine
· Accredited Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons
· Accredited Teaching Facility by the American Osteopathic Association, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education