Hudson, Florida (July 16, 2019) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point recently recognized Aida Guardiani, RN, for Excellence in Nursing. The Excellence in Nursing awards are given at Bayonet Point’s HCA Awards of Distinction celebration. The Excellence in Nursing Awards were established by HCA to honor outstanding nurses who demonstrate excellence in professional mentoring and in providing compassionate care. The awards honor exceptional individuals whose work and lives reflect the patient-centered and humanitarian values upon which HCA was founded.
In awarding the Excellence in Nursing Award for Compassionate Care to Ms. Guardiani, Melanie Wetmore, Chief Nursing Officer, said that Aida is “a nurse who demonstrates exceptional nursing knowledge and expert skills and consistently applies both with compassion and integrity, so that the quality of the care experienced and the care outcomes are improved for patients in any clinical setting or nursing specialty.” Ms. Wetmore then went on to point out several of Ms. Guardiani’s qualities:
- Going out of her way daily to go above and beyond in the care and navigation of her patients
- Patients and families consistently rave about the care she provides.
- Her compassion for others is evident in everything she does.
- She ensures every interaction with patients is positive, caring and nurturing
As winner of the Excellence in Nursing Award for Compassionate Care, Ms. Guardiani receives a check for $500, a plaque, a special parking spot for one full year, and an Excellence in Nursing lapel pin.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL. We have more than 300 physicians, 1,264 employees and 400 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· Comprehensive Stroke Center
· Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety in 2017, 2018 and 2019 by Healthgrades
· Leapfrog Patient Safety Award
· Joint Commission Accreditation, Primary Stroke Center and Sepsis Certifications
· Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
o Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 13 years in a row (2005-2017)
o Five Star Recipient for Back Surgery eight years in a row (2010 – 2017)
o Five Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm for two years in a row (2016 – 2017)
o Recipient of Healthgrades 2017 and 2018 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
o Five Star Recipient for Appendectomy for three years in a row (2015 – 2017)
· American College of Radiology accredited – MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine
· Accredited Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons
· Accredited Teaching Facility by the American Osteopathic Association, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education