Hudson, Florida (June 24, 2019) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point will conduct a weight management information seminar at the Rao Musunuru, MD, Conference Center, 14100 Yosemite Drive, Hudson, Florida 34667, on Wednesday, July 9 and on Wednesday, July 23, from 6 pm to 7 pm. This seminar is typically held on the second and fourth Wednesdays of each month.
The seminar will be conducted by Donald Fridley, II, DO. Dr. Fridley specializes in general and bariatric surgery. During his residency training he focused on minimally invasive techniques and the use of robotics to complete surgeries. Dr. Fridley has been a member of the Army National Guard for over 17 years, with multiple deployments and achievements including Operation Iraqi Freedom, Operation Enduring Freedom and medical coverage of the 2015 visit of Pope Francis.
Dr. Fridley received his medical degree from Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine and completed his residency at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Dr. Fridley will update the community as well as staff at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point about the new bariatric service that is provided at Bayonet Point. He will answer any questions or concerns about bariatric or weight loss surgery.
Admission is free and healthy refreshments will be served. Seating is limited and reservations are required. For more information and reservations call 727-869-5498 or toll free 888-741-5119.
Attached photo: Donald Fridley, II, DO
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL. We have more than 300 physicians, 1,264 employees and 400 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety in 2017 and 2018 by Healthgrades
· Joint Commission Accreditation, Primary Stroke Center and Sepsis Certifications
· Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
- Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 13 years in a row (2005-2017)
- Five Star Recipient for Back Surgery eight years in a row (2010 – 2017)
- Five Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm for two years in a row (2016 – 2017)
- Recipient of Healthgrades 2017 and 2018 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
- Five Star Recipient for Appendectomy for three years in a row (2015 – 2017)
· American College of Radiology accredited – MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine
· Accredited Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons
· Accredited Teaching Facility by the American Osteopathic Association, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education