Tampa, Fla. – May 23, 2019 – Ignite! Tampa Bay, a high-energy evening designed to inspire, educate, entertain and spark new ideas and conversations across cultures and disciples of the Tampa Bay community, announces its third and final round of guest speakers.
At Ignite!, community members involved in technology, arts, communications, education, non-profit, the government sector and more, fuel an evening of curated discovery. Similar in format to speed dating, presenters have five minutes and 20 slides that automatically advance every 15 seconds.
The Tampa event is hosted by Technova Florida, Inc., an all-volunteer organization made up of industry veterans working to develop a sustainable tech-driven economy in the region. Technova focuses on advancing education and collaboration within the Tampa Bay tech ecosystem.
The following are the third round of speakers for this year’s Ignite! Tampa Bay event, which will be held June 6 at the Palladium Theater in St. Petersburg, and the talks they will deliver:
• Dr. Farhan Malik – Your Job: Commit to One Action!
• Gabe Higgins – Secrets of the Cypherpunks
• John Flanagan – How Do We Tackle the Oncoming Skills Gap?
• Laura Egocheaga – The Good, the Bad & The Ugly of Influencer Marketing
• Topher Morrison – The Backfire Effect – Why Facts Get In the Way of Feelings
• Alex Abell – Why We Need Lunch Breaks
• Ann Adair – Why Not? Self-Portrait of a Recovering Perfectionist
Previously announced speakers are:
• Neirda Lafontant – Making S.T.E.A.M. Mainstream!
• Jeff Truman – State of DevOps
• RJ Garbowicz – The Future of AI and Its Global Impact
• Kevin Miller – What I Learned Biking Across Florida
• Terence Okus – Advice From All the Dads I’ve Known
• Ericka Guy – The Richness of Our Tapestry
• Michael Gamson – I-Ching, Binary Digits Before Binary Was Cool
• Riley Schofner – LGBTQ+ Within Steven Universe
• Veronica Blakely – Own Your Voice
• Shane Smith – Whales: If You Love Them You Will Put Them In Cages
• James Waugh – Not Just a Bunch of Rolling Steel
Mark Sharpe, executive director of the Tampa Innovation Partnership, will serve as Master of Ceremonies for this year’s event.
Join us at Ignite! Tampa Bay for a fun and enlightening evening that will stimulate thought and fire up your imagination. Tickets for Ignite! are going quickly. General admission is $25, VIP admission is $40 and Student admission is $15. Tickets will be $30 at the door, if the event is not sold out. Corporate packages are also available. Get tickets at: www.ignitetampa.org
About the Ignite! Series:
The first Ignite! event was organized in Seattle in 2006. Ignite! Events are now held in cities around the world.
About Technova Florida, Inc.:
Based in Tampa, Technnova Florida, Inc. is a 501 c3 organization dedicated to growing the Florida tech community by operating at the grassroots level, helping people to learn, share and make real connections. We believe a robust technology ecosystem requires innovation, education, emerging technology, entrepreneurship, a united community. Technova produces events in support of our mission including BarCamp Tampa Bay, Ignite! Tampa Bay, and “Day of” technology workshops. We also support and sponsor other organizations that share our vision of an open and collaborative tech ecosystem.