SARASOTA COUNTY – Private owners interested in making energy- or storm-related property improvements are invited to learn more about financing available through the Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) program in Sarasota County.
County staff will host free public workshops to highlight elements of PACE, including what to consider when evaluating the various financing tools for projects.
“PACE is a unique but complicated tool with the potential to support a variety of property improvements,” said Lee Hayes Byron, UF/IFAS Extension and Sustainability director. “These workshops are designed to help residents and business owners understand how it works and what they need to consider.”
The PACE program, a joint undertaking between special districts and private companies, allows property owners to finance improvement projects through specially levied property taxes. Financing can only be used for projects related to renewable energy, energy efficiency and hurricane hardening.
Like any financing, PACE has inherent risks and property owners need to fully understand the terms, risks, and other options before entering into any agreement.
Each “Financing Energy and Hurricane Improvements in Your Home: PACE and Beyond” workshop will focus on explaining the basics of PACE, how the program works, and the financial benefits and risks associated with it.
Currently scheduled workshops include:
- In-person workshops (learn more and register at http://bit.ly/paceworkshops)
- May 29 (Wed.) 5-7 p.m., Robert L. Taylor Community Complex, 1845 34th St., Sarasota
- June 11 (Tue.), 5-7 p.m., Venice Community Center, 326 Nokomis Ave. S., Venice
- Online webinar
- June 12 (Wed.), noon to 1 p.m. – register at https://ufl.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_-nHs6RgqTqqxOPYHGrX8nw
- After June 12, on demand – find at https://www.scgov.net/government/uf-ifas-extension-and-sustainability/pace
To learn more about PACE in Sarasota County, visit www.scgov.net/government/uf-ifas-extension-and-sustainability/pace or contact Lee Hayes Byron, Sarasota County Extension director, at 941-861-9808 or email@example.com.
To receive updates on PACE and upcoming classes, or if you have questions, call 941-861-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.