Hudson, Florida (May 4, 2019) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, in collaboration with Bioscape Digital, has launched an interactive, bedside, tablet solution to further engage patients during their hospital stay.
“Patients don’t anticipate an ER or trauma visit, but when they need emergency care and choose Bayonet Point Hospital, they expect to receive the best care possible and in a timely fashion,” said Sharon Hayes, hospital CEO. “Our new tablets allow patients to use a familiar technology to connect with our staff and to receive relevant health information and resources while they are receiving care.”
On the tablets themselves, patients will have the ability to:
- Educate themselves on relevant health educational content
- Provide real-time feedback about their visit
- Schedule an outpatient physician appointment
- Access the patient portal
- Register for health insurance
- Stay entertained by playing games and listening to music
- Sign up for various hospital services
“This innovative, tablet-based platform allows us to increase the amount of information available to patients, be responsive to changing patient needs, and provide the best possible patient experience,” said Adam Lazarus, Medical Director of Emergency Services at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point.
The new technology is available through a partnership with Bioscape Digital. Bioscape collaborates with health systems to empower patients, staff, and doctors at the point of care.
About Bioscape Digital
Bioscape Digital is changing the way patient engagement is delivered. Through a unique, tablet-based platform, hospitals can more effectively engage patients and improve outcomes for their entire health system. Based out of Atlanta, GA, Bioscape Digital currently supports over 150,000 patient interactions a month!
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL. We have more than 300 physicians, 1,264 employees and 400 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· Comprehensive Stroke Center
· Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety in 2017 and 2018 by Healthgrades
· Joint Commission Accreditation, Primary Stroke Center and Sepsis Certifications
· Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
o Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 13 years in a row (2005-2017)
o Five Star Recipient for Back Surgery eight years in a row (2010 – 2017)
o Five Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm for two years in a row (2016 – 2017)
o Recipient of Healthgrades 2017 and 2018 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
o Five Star Recipient for Appendectomy for three years in a row (2015 – 2017)
· American College of Radiology accredited – MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine
· Accredited Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons
· Accredited Teaching Facility by the American Osteopathic Association, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education