Spring Hill, Florida (April 24, 2019) – Oak Hill Hospital, in collaboration with Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, will continue its popular For Your Health Community Education Series with a symposium entitled, “Know the Signs: Stroke Awareness, Treatment, and Prevention,” on Tuesday, May 14, 2019, from 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm at Silverthorn Country Club, 4550 Golf Club Lane, Spring Hill, Florida 34609.
The seminar panel includes:
- Jon Schwadron, DO – board certified in emergency medicine at Oak Hill Hospital
- Justin Whisenant, MD – neuroradiology and endovascular neurosurgery at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
A stroke is a life-changing event for a patient and their caregivers. Those who attend will learn about stroke prevention, signs and symptoms and the treatment and recovery process available to our community at Oak Hill Hospital and Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point. The symposium will be followed by a question and answer period and guests are encouraged to prepare their questions ahead of time.
A complimentary hot meal will be served. Seating is limited, and reservations are required. Doors open at 4:45 pm. For more information and for reservations call 352-597-6333 in Hernando and Pasco or 352-628-6060 in Citrus or visit OakHillHospital.com/ForYourHealth.
Visit the Oak Hill Hospital Newsroom for recent releases: www.OakHillHospital.com/About/Newsroom/
About Oak Hill Hospital:
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984, is the area’s largest private employer with 280 beds, and is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus Counties. The facility offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive cardiovascular program, including an arrhythmia center and open-heart surgery. Oak Hill Hospital’s healthcare delivery team is comprised of over 600 physicians, 1,486 associates, and over 265 volunteers.
Oak Hill Hospital is an accredited teaching hospital with approval to train 65 residents in the Internal Medicine residency program, 24 residents in the Family Medicine program, 18 residents in the General Surgery program integrated with Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, 18 residents in the Emergency Medicine program, 18 residents in the Anesthesiology program, 6 residents in the Podiatry program, and 10 residents in the Transitional Year program.
The Maternity Suites at Oak Hill Hospital offers advanced labor and delivery capabilities in a comfortable and family centered setting. In addition to the Graduate Medical Education Program, Oak Hill Hospital offers several unique programs in the area, including a 24/7 Critical Care Medicine Program staffed by Intensivists, and a Pediatric ER. Please visit our website for a comprehensive listing of all Oak Hill Hospital accreditations, awards, and distinctions.
The hospital is located at 11375 Cortez Boulevard, Brooksville, FL; 1.9 miles east of US 19 on State Road 50. For more information about this release, please contact Katie Stacy, Director of Public Relations & Communications, at 352-597-6317. For more information about Oak Hill Hospital, visit OakHillHospital.com, or Like Us on Facebook.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL. We have more than 300 physicians, 1,264 employees and 400 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Licensed as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by The Agency for Healthcare Administration (AHCA)
1. Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety in 2017 and 2018 by Healthgrades
- Joint Commission Accreditation, Primary Stroke Center and Sepsis Certifications
- Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
1. Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 13 years in a row (2005-2017)
2. Five Star Recipient for Back Surgery eight years in a row (2010 – 2017)
3. Five Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm for two years in a row (2016 – 2017)
4. Recipient of Healthgrades 2017 and 2018 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
5. Five Star Recipient for Appendectomy for three years in a row (2015 – 2017)
- American College of Radiology accredited – MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine
- Accredited Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons
- Accredited Teaching Facility by the American Osteopathic Association, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education