FREE Wristband is the Ticket to Special Programs and Exclusive Offers atDozens of Downtown Museums, Galleries, Theaters and Restaurants on April 26
TAMPA – On the Fourth Friday of each month, Tampa’s arts and culture scene is celebrated with participating venues offering free or reduced admissions, special programming, and local restaurants offering specials to patrons with the iconic Fourth Friday wristband. Now in its third year, Fourth Friday, presented by TECO Energy, and brought to you by the Tampa Downtown Partnership, announces its lineup for this month’s event on Friday, April 26:
This month’s Featured Offers are:
- Henry B. Plant Museum: Located at 401 W. Kennedy Blvd. on the University of Tampa campus, the Museum celebrates Fourth Friday from 4-5pm with free admission, audio tours, and opening of a new exhibit curated by the University of Tampa Associate Professor Charles McGraw Groh and a group of his students. The exhibit opening will consist of three events: a temporary panel exhibit, Dirty Laundry: True Tales of Women Workers at the Tampa Bay Hotel, and an advance preview of the rough-cut of a new documentary, tentatively titled, Letters from Tampa: Two Spanish-American War Stories. A special performance of songs from the turn of the century by the University of Tampa Men’s Glee, conducted by Dr. Rodney Shores, will accompany these exhibits.
- Italian Club: Located at 1731 E. 7th Avenue in Ybor’s Historic District, as the oldest historical leader and the voice of the Italian community in Tampa. The Italian Club celebrates Fourth Friday from 5:00 -9:00pm with Happy Hour in their Cantina, featuring LIVE Music. These specials include a variety of drinks. $13 Homemade Italian Dinner Buffet also available! The Italian Club enhances value to the membership, as well as the greater Tampa community through social activities, fellowship, Italian arts, and culture.
- John F. Germany Library: Located at 900 N. Ashley Dr. in Downtown Tampa, John F. Germany Library celebrates Fourth Friday from 4 – 6pm. Going to the library is an awesome way to celebrate Fourth Friday in Downtown Tampa. Learn about all the travel resources the library has to offer while making a handy Map Coaster and be reminded of that special destination every time you reach for one.
- Le Méridien Tampa Hotel: Located at 601 N. Florida Ave. in Downtown Tampa, Le Méridien celebrates Fourth Friday with a Tour of the Century starting at 5:30pm and live music from 6-9pm. All tour attendees get 20% off of dinner – food only – in Bizou after the tour! Bizou has paired up with Kronenbourg to introduce their new premium French beer called 1664. As a fun Fourth Friday special, 1664 beers will be $3 each from 5-7pm. Kronenbourg will provide samples and give some background about the beer.
- NEW! Mergeculture Gallery: Located at 1544 N. Franklin Street, Mergerculture Gallery is celebrating its first Fourth Friday from 6-11pm with a grand opening of their exhibit: Expired Dreams – A Solo Show featuring works by Justin Wagher. Justin Wagher is a graduate of Pinellas County Center for the Arts at Gibbs High School. The content of his work focuses on the subtle aspects of life to capture familiar, often-overlooked surroundings in new ways. His style typically uses black, white and gray to convey a strong sense of emotion.
- The Portico: Located at 1001 N. Florida Avenue, The Portico celebrates Fourth Friday with Open Mic Night from 6-9pm with Endre Blaq, K Delore and Jasey Soulz welcoming local artists to share their talents with downtown Tampa during this special Fourth Friday event. Beginning at 4pm, buy one specialty coffee drink and receive a free muffin!
- Stageworks Theatre: Located at 1120 E Kennedy Blvd. in the heart of the Channel District, Stageworks Theatre celebrates Fourth Friday by offering a $10 discount to the upcoming show, 4 Guys Named Jose and Una Mujer Named María, for purchases made on Fourth Friday at the box office from 4-5:30pm.
- Straz Center: Located at 1010 N Macinnes Place in Downtown Tampa, the Straz Center celebrates Fourth Friday from 4pm-8pm with $10-$15 off tickets in select locations to La Boheme, Spamilton (valid for April 27, 28 and May 7-12 performances), Pirates and Cowboys May 11 and 12 performances), Kinky Boots (valid for only May 17 performance), Rocktopia, and Rock of Ages Must present wristband at the Ticket Office window on Fourth Friday, April 26.
- Tampa Museum of Art: Located at 120 W Gasparilla Plaza in Downtown Tampa, The Museum celebrates Fourth Friday from 4 – 8pm with pay-as-you-will admission* and self-guided tours. From 5-8p, Happy Hour on the River…Enjoy the Riverwalk Café at TMA by SaltBlock Hospitality featuring specialty Riverwalk Café cocktails to “stroll and go” along the Riverwalk. Special 10% discount at the Museum Store too!
- TECO Public Art Gallery: Located at 702 North Franklin St in the heart of Tampa’s Downtown, the TECO Public Art Gallery celebrates Fourth Friday from 5:30pm to 7:30pm with “Illuminating Tranquility”, Collecting Stories from Experience, a solo exhibition by Lisa Fitch running through April 30, 2019. Fine Art Photographer Lisa Fitch will host a Talk & Tour of her exhibition on Fourth Friday, March 22, 2019 from 5:30 – 7pm at TECO Public Art Gallery. She will share thoughts about her photography work, life experiences and answer questions.
Other Participating Venues for April 26 are:
- Glazer Children’s Museum: Located at 110 W Gasparilla Plaza on the edge of Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park, GCM celebrates Fourth Friday from 5:30 to 7:30pm with Fourth Friday Drop-Off Camp. Drop your kids off at GCM then enjoy your evening downtown with all that Fourth Fridays have to offer! Your little learners will imagine, discover, and connect to the world around them at Camp Imagination. Pick up a wristband and let the kids play! $35 for the first child, $30 for each additional child in a household.
- Scarfone/Hartley Gallery: Located on the University of Tampa’s campus, Scarfone/Hartley Gallery celebrates Fourth Friday with extended hours from 4-6pm.
- Unlock Tampa Bay Visitors Center: Located at 201 N Franklin St., Suite 102 in Tampa City Center, the visitors center celebrates Fourth Friday from 4-5:30pm. Visit Tampa Bay’s stylish Unlock Tampa Bay Visitors Center showcases a trove of great products built, crafted or written by Tampa Bay’s talented krewe of artists and artisans. This month come by for a 15% discount.
- Ybor City Visitor Center: Located at 1600 E. 8th Ave. in Ybor City, Ybor City Visitor Center celebrates Fourth Friday from 4-5pm with a free entry, 10% off in their gift shop, and viewing of the Ybor City National Historic Landmark District Video.
Participating transportation partners include:
- Coast Bike Share: Located throughout Tampa, Coast Bike Share is offering a free day pass to all new and existing users. Claim your hour of Coast using code FOURTHFRIDAY42019.
- TECO Line Streetcar System: Enjoy extended hours of service, 15-minute frequencies and free fares!
Fourth Friday participants can pick up a wristband at any of the participating cultural venues during event hours. Then, just park once and let Downtown’s many alternative transportation options do the rest. Take a complimentary ride on the TECO Line Streetcar, stroll along The Tampa Riverwalk, cruise the Hillsborough on the Pirate Water Taxi, hail the FREE Downtowner ride service with an app on your smartphone, or saunter along 7th Avenue in Ybor, Tampa’s only Historic District. Participants also get a FREE day pass with Coast Bike rental with promo code FOURTHFRIDAY42019 (visit the Facebook page or FourthFridayTPA.com for details).