Spring Hill, Florida (March 20, 2019) – Oak Hill Hospital recently recognized two nurses for Excellence in Nursing. The Excellence in Nursing Awards were announced during Oak Hill Hospital’s Awards of Distinction celebration. The Excellence in Nursing Awards were established by its parent company HCA to honor outstanding nurses who demonstrate excellence in professional mentoring and in compassionate care. The awards honor exceptional individuals whose work and lives reflect the patient-centered and humanitarian values upon which HCA is founded.
The nominees for the award included:
- Giovanna Cavallucci, Intensive Care Unit
- Cindy Hall, Progressive Care Unit
- Ray Millsap, Surgical Services
- Lauren Pardue, Labor and Delivery
- Amber Register, Progressive Care Unit
- Julie Schneider, Surgical Services
- Jessica Smith, Cardiac Observations
The Excellence in Nursing Award for Compassionate Care was presented to Amber Register, RN, who was regarded in her nominations as:
- Professional and caring – “’No’ is never in her vocabulary. When the lab department needed help, she stopped what she was doing to complete phlebotomy draws on behalf of the phlebotomist.”
- “She always puts patients first and goes above and beyond making sure patients have the best care; she is dedicated and is able to keep stress levels at a minimum.”
The Excellence in Nursing Professional Mentor Award was presented to Julie Schneider, RN. Some of the comments included in her nomination were that she::
- takes time to share their knowledge with her peers
- consistently helps to teach and encourage others to raise the bar
- leads by example, staying late to assist with patients and setting up rooms, and can be counted on to offer a helping hand and serve as a top resource person for others
Visit the Oak Hill Hospital Newsroom for recent releases: www.OakHillHospital.com/About/Newsroom/
About Oak Hill Hospital:
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984, is the area’s largest private employer with 280 beds, and is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus Counties. The facility offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive cardiovascular program, including an arrhythmia center and open-heart surgery. Oak Hill Hospital’s healthcare delivery team is comprised of over 600 physicians, 1,486 associates, and over 265 volunteers.
Oak Hill Hospital is an accredited teaching hospital with approval to train 65 residents in the Internal Medicine residency program, 24 residents in the Family Medicine program, 18 residents in the General Surgery program integrated with Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, 18 residents in the Emergency Medicine program, 18 residents in the Anesthesiology program, 6 residents in the Podiatry program, and 10 residents in the Transitional Year program.
The Maternity Suites at Oak Hill Hospital offers advanced labor and delivery capabilities in a comfortable and family centered setting. In addition to the Graduate Medical Education Program, Oak Hill Hospital offers several unique programs in the area, including a 24/7 Critical Care Medicine Program staffed by Intensivists, and a Pediatric ER. Please visit our website for a comprehensive listing of all Oak Hill Hospital accreditations, awards, and distinctions.
The hospital is located at 11375 Cortez Boulevard, Brooksville, FL; 1.9 miles east of US 19 on State Road 50. For more information about this release, please contact Katie Stacy, Director of Public Relations & Communications, at 352-597-6317. For more information about Oak Hill Hospital, visit OakHillHospital.com, or Like Us on Facebook.