TAMPA, FL. (February 28, 2019) – Powerstories Theatre will be celebrating Women’s History Month by giving theatre space to women artists who have a story to share, a play to perform or direct, a song to sing, or a book to discuss.
“We are giving the theatre to women who want to experiment in the arts in whatever form they desire,” said Fran Powers, Powerstories founder. “Last year we decided to do even more to help women find their voice. The way we chose to do this is through the use of our space. We wanted to create a safe space for women to experiment with their artistic voices at no cost to them. “
This year SHEVOLUTION FEST will open on March 7 at 8 pm with an original story concert featuring Fran Powers, Cheryl Flowers, Janice Nepon-Sixt, Georgette DeSalvo and Pegotty Cooper. The line-up of artists for March
- March 7 and 8 – SheVolution Act III – A story concert by Powerstories Theatre – 8 pm
- March 9 – Twirling in the Woods, Nature Poems and Stories – Magda Santos – 8 pm
- March 10 – The Lady from Havana By Luis Santeiro – (Directed by India Davison and Kidany Camilo – 3 pm
- March 15 and 21 – It’s About Time by Janet Scaglione – 8 pm
- March 16 – C’est La Vie – by Gretchen Suárez-Peña – 2 pm and 7 pm
- March 17 – NINE by Clark Brooks – Nine women telling personal stories – 3 pm
- March 22 – Shattering the Silence – Iana Thomas – 8 pm
- March 24 – ThinkFast Experiment Performance – Deb Kelley – 6 pm
We welcome the community to be in our audience and celebrate Women’s History Month with us. All Tickets are $10.00 and available at https://powerstories.com/tickets/. We can present this presentation with the Support of the Arts Council of Hillsborough County and the Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners. Accessible seating is available._____________________________________________________________________________General information about Powerstories
Powerstories Theatre is a theatre production company with a mission of staging true stories to open minds and hearts and inspire action worldwide. The Theatre was founded in 2000 by Fran Powers after a cross country bike ride across the country. “As I crossed the Wyoming border I saw a clear picture of starting a theatre featuring true stories”.
Powerstories Theatre stages true stories to open minds and hearts and to inspire action worldwide. Since 2003, Powerstories Theatre has produced 12 original autobiographical shows based on true stories by women and girls, and performed for over 20,000 audience members. Storytelling of authentic experiences connects an audience to social issues on a personal level. In speaking true stories, performers and audiences alike receive a powerful gift – the validation that they are living a unique, valuable life. ###