BRADEN RIVER, Fla. – Feb. 15, 2019 – As Walmart continues to change how Florida customers shop, the retailer is helping them save time and money through the rollout and expansion of several in-store innovations, including the introduction of new Pickup Towers like the one recently installed at the Walmart Supercenter in Braden River.
“Last year was a big one for Walmart here in Florida as we continued to lead in retail innovation and make shopping easier for our Florida customers,” said Noemari Perez, a market eCommerce manager for Walmart on the Gulf Coast. “We’re continuing that momentum in 2019 and are excited to bring new, time-saving services, like our Pickup Towers, to even more stores in our community.”
In 2018, Walmart launched or expanded several customer-focused innovations in Florida stores, including grocery pickup and grocery delivery, Pickup Towers, Check Out With Me, Dotcom Store App, autonomous shelf scanner, handheld apps for sales floor associates, virtual reality training for all associates, store maps in the Walmart app, third-party returns in stores and FAST Unloader.
For more on these innovations, visit https://news.walmart.com/2019/01/15/top-ways-walmart-is-changing-how-customers-shop.
New Technology: Pickup Towers
Walmart Pickup Towers are 16 feet tall and function like high-tech vending machines, capable of fulfilling a customer’s online order in less than a minute. One was recently installed at the Walmart Supercenter in Braden River at 2911 53rd Ave. E.
Using Pickup Towers
· Simply choose from millions of items available on Walmart.com and select the “Pickup” option at checkout.
· When the item arrives at your local store, an associate loads it into the Pickup Tower and you will receive notification.
· When you arrive at the store, step up to the Pickup Tower and scan the bar code sent to your smartphone.
· You will receive your order in less than a minute.
Currently more than 35 stores across Florida are equipped with a Pickup Tower, with additional expansion planned for 2019.
New Technology: FREE Online Grocery Pickup
Our customers love our online grocery pickup option. It gives them the convenience of shopping online and the ease of quickly picking up groceries without having to leave their cars. The best part: It’s all at no additional cost.
Customers of the Braden River Walmart Supercenter will be able to order Walmart groceries online and pick them up by shopping Walmart.com/grocery. Simply select from up to 40,000 online grocery items and choose the best time to pick their items up. A Walmart personal shopper loads the groceries into the customer’s vehicle upon arrival.
Currently more than 170 Florida stores offer grocery pickup, with additional expansion planned for 2019.
Shop How, Where and When You Want: Convenience Offerings
Walmart is innovating the shopping experience like no one else – so customers can shop when and how they want.
· Customers can shop nearly 67 million items on walmart.com or through a partnership with Google Express.
· Walmart also gives customers the power of choice; Pickup Discount gives customers a discount on select items if they choose to pick up their Walmart.com order at a store.
· In addition, free 2-Day shipping is offered with no extra cost for orders of $35 or more.
· Walmart launched a new program called Check Out With Me. Outfitted with cellular devices and Bluetooth printers, associates at select Florida stores can check out customers and provide a receipt, via print, text or email, on the spot. Currently all Florida Supercenters offer Check Out With Me.
· With Walmart mobile app for iPhone and Android, customers can create shopping lists, search the location of items in their store, check weekly ads and prices, save e-receipts and shop walmart.com.
· Express Services is a new feature in the Walmart app that is combined with in-store Express Lanes in most stores to help expedite customers’ Money Services transactions and Pharmacy Services.
About Walmart in Florida
Walmart Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere – in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, nearly 265 million customers and members visit our more than 11,200 stores under 55 banners in 27 countries and eCommerce websites. In Florida, we serve customers at 386 retail units and online through Walmart Grocery Pickup, Walmart.com and Jet.com. We are proud to employ 107,448 associates in Florida. Walmart supports local businesses, spending $7.7 billion with Florida suppliers in FY18, which supported 110,430 supplier jobs. Learn more at the Walmart Today blog, and our Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram channels.
# # #