Tampa Bay Beaches Chamber of Commerce Holds Business
Tampa Bay Beaches Chamber of Commerce is holding a seminar to educate individuals on proposed legislation that could affect their business. Join us 8:30 a.m. February 21st at Madeira Beach City Hall, Commission Chambers – 300 Municipal Drive, Madeira Beach.
Background: The State Legislative Session is March-May. During that 60-day time period is when laws are voted on. December-February, prior to the Legislative Session, committees are held to introduce proposed laws (voted on March-May). February 21st, Tampa Bay Beaches Chamber of Commerce will hold their Quarterly Community Advocacy Meeting to explain how proposed laws will affect you and your business. There will be a call to action at the end of the meeting to either support or oppose certain proposed laws.
· Assignment of Benefits (SB 122 Broxson)
· Open & Expired Building Permits (HB 447 Diamond)
· Small Business Microfinancing (HB 477 Omphroy)
· Minimum Wage (HB 517- Jacquet)
· Sexual Harassment (HB 417- Eskamani)
· Paid Leave (HB 393- Joseph)
· Salary and Wage Requests (HB 419- Joseph; SB 474- Stewart)
· Social Media Privacy (HB 493- Hart)
· Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity (SB 430 – Rouson & HB 485- Webb)