Hudson, Florida (January 25, 2019) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point invites the public to join them in celebrating National Wear Red Day on Friday, February 1, 2019. The hospital is inviting anyone coming to the hospital to wear red attire. Staff, volunteers and the public will assemble at 10:00 am on Friday, February 1, at entrance D of the hospital to be photographed in their attire.
Each year Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point celebrates National Wear Red Day to call attention to the fact that women are at high risk for heart attack and stroke. Heart disease and stroke kill one in three women, yet 80% of it is preventable.
The first National Wear Red Day occurred in 2003. Since then tremendous strides have been made in the fight against heart disease and stroke in women. According to the National Wear Red Day website:
- Nearly 95% of women have made at least one healthy behavior change
- More than 1/3 of women have lost weight
- More than 50% of women have increased their exercise
- Six out of ten women have changed their diets
- More than 40% of women have checked their cholesterol levels
- One-third of women has talked with their physicians about developing heart health plans
- Today, nearly 300 fewer women die of heart disease and stroke each day
- Death in women has decreased by more than 30% over the past 10 years
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL. We have more than 300 physicians, 1,264 employees and 400 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· Comprehensive Stroke Center
· Joint Commission Accreditation, Primary Stroke Center and Sepsis Certifications
· Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
o Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 13 years in a row (2005-2017)
o Five Star Recipient for Back Surgery eight years in a row (2010 – 2017)
o Five Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm for two years in a row (2016 – 2017)
o Recipient of Healthgrades 2017 and 2018 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
o Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety in 2017 and 2018
o Five Star Recipient for Appendectomy for three years in a row (2015 – 2017)
· MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
· Accredited Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons
· Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: sepsis
· Accredited Teaching Facility by the American Osteopathic Association, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.BayonetPointHospital.com or visit us on Facebook.