Trinity, Florida – January 8, 2019). Medical Center of Trinity announces the opening of its new Senior Behavioral Health program. The program is dedicated to helping older adults with mental health concerns receive the skills needed for a strong foundation for recovery.
The program is located at Medical Center of Trinity’s Behavioral Health Center, 5637 Marine Parkway, New Port Richey, Florida 34652. Call toll free 844-423-4283 for more information.
When Is Help Needed?
- Depression, hopelessness, loss of motivation to care for self
- Suicidal thoughts and behaviors
- Frequent crying for extended periods
- Deterioration of sleep or sleeping excessively
- Worry/fears/anxiety or excessive preoccupation with physical complaints
- Isolating, significant change/decrease in socialization
- Loss of appetite sufficient to maintain ones health, severe decrease in eating
- Delusional thought process, hearing voices, suspicious or unrealistic fears
- Wishing one was dead or wish they could go to sleep and not wake up
- Unable to adjust or recover from loss or life changes such as
o A loss of a relationship (spouse, life partner, sibling, child or significant other)
o Loss of home or finances
o Diagnosis of a terminal or life-threatening illness
o Loss of emotional or physical independence
- Disruptions or disinterest in daily activities such as the inability to socialize, work or perform daily chores
The Senior Behavioral Health program allows seniors to work in partnership with caregivers and hospital staff and clinicians to receive high quality care tailored to each individual’s needs. Medical Center of Trinity’s multidisciplinary team of board certified psychiatrists, social workers, nurses, and therapists have been carefully selected and specifically trained, based on their experience and passion for working with seniors from diverse backgrounds. These advances are at the core of the Inpatient and Outpatient programs offered by the Senior Program for Behavioral Health.
Inpatient and Outpatient programs include
- Group Therapy (available 7 days a week and tailored to the senior population)
- Intensive Outpatient Programs
- Partial Hospitalization Programs – Designed for individuals who would benefit from a highly structured intensive treatment, but do not require 24-hour inpatient care.
- Intensive Outpatient – A step up from routine outpatient or step down from inpatient.
How to Refer?
If you or someone you know may benefit from treatment, or have questions, please contact our compassionate staff today at (844) 423-4283. Our staff is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
For more information about the program, visit our website at: https://medicalcentertrinity.com/service/senior-behavioral-health
# # #
About Medical Center of Trinity
Medical Center of Trinity is a 288 bed, state-of-the-art, all-private room hospital (Main Campus) strategically located in the tri-county area of Pasco, Pinellas, and Hillsborough Counties. The facility is located at 9330 State Road 54, Trinity, FL 34655, near the intersection of State Road (SR) 54 and Little Road. Medical Center of Trinity clinical and acute-care programs include:
|Cancer Care||Obstetrics including NICU|
|Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation||Open Heart Surgery|
|Diagnostic Imaging||Rehabilitation Services|
|Emergency Care – Adult and Pediatrico Medical Center of Trinityo Citrus Park ERo ER 24/7 ℠ in Palm Harboro ER 24/7 ℠ in Lutz||Robotic Assisted Surgery Sleep Center Spine & Orthopedics Women’s Health Women’s Imaging Center with Comprehensive Breast Care|
|Heart & Vascular Men’s Health||Wound Care & Hyperbaric Medicine|
|Minimally Invasive Surgical Specialties|
Medical Center of Trinity has been designated as an Advanced Certified Primary Stroke Center and earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Total Hips and Total Knees Certification.
Medical Center of Trinity is recognized among the nation’s Top Performers on five key quality measures – heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, surgical care and stroke by The Joint Commission— the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America. The Cancer Care program is an Accredited Community Cancer Program by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons.