Year-long festivities will feature focus on charitable work, client appreciation, employee enrichment, reflection on the firm’s legacy and planning for future generations of success
TAMPA and PENSACOLA, Fla. – Saltmarsh, Cleaveland & Gund, one of the largest CPA-led business advisory firms in the Southeast, today announced plans for a year-long celebration of its 75th anniversary in 2019, featuring client appreciation events, increased charitable work, employee enrichment initiatives, community happenings and planning for future generations of success at its offices across the region.
Founded in Pensacola in 1944 by Thomas Saltmarsh, Harold Cleaveland and Charles Gund, with only a handful of employees, the firm has consistently grown because of its dedication to its guiding principle, “Achieving success by contributing to the success of others.” Today, the firm has more than 150 employees across the U.S. and abroad, as well as in prospering Florida offices in Pensacola, Fort Walton Beach, Orlando and Tampa, and Nashville, Tenn.
“Reflecting on where we’ve been in 75 years and where we intend to go in the decades ahead, we believe we have a solid foundation for the future built on generations of trust,” commented Lee Bell, President. “We’re proud to have been committed to our clients and communities for more than seven decades, and we are honored and humbled to have been of service to them over the years.”
Starting in January, Saltmarsh, Cleaveland & Gund has the following events planned to commemorate 75 years of contributing to the success of others:
• Company-wide Culture Week Jan. 7-11, when all offices will come together in the spirit of One Firm to celebrate team, culture and core values. The five days of Culture Week will include emphasis on 1) honesty and integrity, 2) quality service, 3) creativity, 4) respect and 5) a Saltmarsh day of service.
• 1,944 hours of service to charities, non-profits and other worthy organizations during 2019. Saltmarsh, Cleaveland & Gund’s leadership group and employees already contribute thousands of hours annually in service to their communities, and the goal of 1,944 hours is in recognition of the firm’s founding year, 1944.
• Client appreciation/open house events hosted at the firm’s regional offices.
• A virtual main event birthday celebration in a major teleconferenced festivity that connects everyone in the company in an online party.
• Local office celebrations during 2019 with picnics, teambuilding, outings, barbecues, sports events and other activities employees and their families can enjoy.
• Launch of 75th Anniversary Celebration landing pages on the company website featuring key remembrances and lessons-learned by leadership and staff over the years.
• Regular 75th Anniversary Celebration postings on all the firm’s social media platforms so that clients, community and employees and their families can enjoy the numerous gala events all year.
• Unveiling a colorful, memorable 75th Anniversary Celebration logo.
• Other festivities, remembrances and events to be determined.
“Saltmarsh is now well into our fourth generation, and we believe we’ve come this far because of our dedication to doing the right thing for our clients,” observed Charles Gund Jr., a senior shareholder in the firm and son of one of the founders. “In our profession, trust is perhaps the most important ingredient in the client-consultant relationship. Having a proven track record of client success for 75 years shows pretty clearly that we have earned – and have been worthy of – a significant measure of trust over the years.
“You don’t thrive in business for 75 years by becoming antiquated and old, but quite the opposite – by staying on the forefront of innovation, and always seeing the next big thing in service, process or operations before it becomes a trend, as Saltmarsh has always tried to do. “
ABOUT SALTMARSH, CLEAVELAND & GUND
Founded in 1944, Saltmarsh is one of the largest CPA-led business advisory firms in the Southeast, serving clients throughout the U.S. and worldwide with offices from Tennessee to Florida. The firm offers a full range of professional services, including specialized consulting services for many industries and high net worth individuals through Saltmarsh Financial Advisors LLC. The firm is an independent member of the BDO Alliance USA, which provides access to national resources to better serve clients. Saltmarsh has been recognized as one of the Top 200 Firms in the U.S. by Inside Public Accounting and as a Regional Leader by Accounting Today.
For more information, please visit www.saltmarshcpa.com or call (800) 477-7458.